Spun bearing sound - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spun bearing sound
Sunday, June 03, 2012 4:15 PM
Anyone have a vid or able to describe what it sounds like when a bearing is spun, but not yet ceased? My motor (LD9) has been making a ticking noise under load since I rebuilt it., and recently gotten a lot louder after some heavy track pulls with lots o boost. Not sure if what I'm hearing is a bearing or perhaps (and more hopefully) its just an exhaust leak I can't located yet. Listening during idle, if does seem to be coming from the rear of the engine (around the turbo manifold), but I haven't pinpointed it any better yet.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: Spun bearing sound
Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:17 PM
spun bearings sound like someone beatin on your motor if its more of a clicking and coming from back of motor i would check all of your exhaust gaskets

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:14 PM
I played around with it a little more, and deff seems to be coming from the turbo mani. I'm thinking maybe a leak under it. I sprayed the top with soapy water and no bubbles, but can't see under. Any ideas on how to check for leaks under? (auto tranny is in the way of just going under and looking)

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:54 PM
i kinda had this issue before.. ticking on acceleration, especially under load, but then i had my manifold off to work on the rest of the exhaust... put it back on, didn't even change the gasket and the tick was gone.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search