Different intake manifold? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Different intake manifold?
Monday, June 11, 2012 8:54 AM
Hello ppl, new to the forums...I've owned my cavalier since 07, its a 2.4 2000 cavalier...Its basically bone stock, only thing ive done to it was install a SRI.

I have a question regarding intake manifolds, i searched but seem to not find anything...

I was At my local auto junk yard and found this on two of the cavaliers...

Is that a different intake manifold? is it better than this one? VVV

Re: Different intake manifold?
Monday, June 11, 2012 9:14 AM
That is the 2.3 Quad 4 manifold. If you want to use it, you'll have to buy a phenolic spacer/adapter from turbotechracing.com.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:48 AM
OR port match it to the head, OR weld on a 2.4 flange.

there are millions of threads about this manifold. hit up the search.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, June 11, 2012 11:46 AM
Is that a pic of the actual engine u found? might be worth checking that out a little better...it maybe a 60mm...cams...lifters...ton of stuff that could potentially and would be better for the ld9, the tranny would be worth getting even if only for spare parts, I mean IF thats the actual motor/trans and IF they give you a good price, and IF you even want to do some upgrades to your car--I had a hard time finding an isuzu trans that wans't destroyed, almost got the newer getrag and converted because of the scarce parts
Monday, June 11, 2012 11:49 AM
Roofy wrote:That is the 2.3 Quad 4 manifold. If you want to use it, you'll have to buy a phenolic spacer/adapter from turbotechracing.com.

actually I think you just have to modify it a bit....I THINK, but i'm fairly confident there is an article about it somewhere on here, like Zyaaa said just check around a bit, should find what your looking for...that mani "should" be better though
Monday, June 11, 2012 3:42 PM
If you're pretty stock I wouldn't bother going to the 2.3 manny.
If you've got a decent build going on, it might be wise to swap to it.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:53 AM
those pictures are from the internet....the cavalier that i saw at the junk yard were complete, like no one even touched it under the hood

Only thing i took was the z24 emblems and side skirts but when i saw the manifold i wanted it...I mainly want it just for looks, if its a simple bolt on with light modification i can do it...

The cavalier is stock Just want the engine bay to look nice.

So both bolt on just need to make the holes match up?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search