rebuilding 2.4l - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: rebuilding 2.4l
Friday, June 01, 2012 10:08 PM
98grandamld9 wrote:Hptuners is the all and mighty tuning device for these and have more parameters to tweak such as spark timing yet run like 600 bucks and you have to buy points to actually tune. Megasquirt has tuning for the injectors duty cycle and a few other brands that are similar to this.

^^^Dude, you never read the details do you. You will just confuse the kid now.

Cody, there is no tuning software for your year 96. No matter what you hear. Stand alone system is not any easier than swapping to a newer harness. And just by the way you are talking I can tell you dont know about cars. There is no "kit" or "package" that comes in a single box from one place that will make your engine a beast. You have to hunt the items down and piece them together, and know what you are putting together will work. Plus half of these upgrades come from old parts from the older 2.4 engines known as the quad4s. Something else you would have to hunt down.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 1:27 PM
Lol youve just repeated what everyone stated about the 96 cp not being tunable. Ohh the details.... yeah Cody DONT get a m45 either m62, turbo, or high vompression N/A. Thats details Craig
Monday, June 11, 2012 12:19 PM
whats wrong with the mp45? honest;y N/A is 'easiest' persay...mp45-you have to add stuff not too bad....m62-you have to custom up basically a whole kit or spend waaayyy too much money to get the piece you need-i.e. manifold and a turbo...well i'm sure you know thats a crazy amount of work...super curious though.....if your going to go crazy on the car and do all this upgeading and spend all this money you WILL spend if you even do this....then why can't you just get a blown up z24 from 97 or 98 that has a dcent body on it and modify that? I put several thousand into a 95, then realized it was stupid and got a 98Z24, I have less money into it and its faster than my 95Z24--my buddy has the car--now i'm thinking the cavi is good where it is, i'm gonna make it look good, and when it blows up then maybe i'll do a mild motor build and maybe just maybe boost it....but it's a cavalier, with a less than spectacular rear suspension set-up that will always limit your handleing, and an under-par transmission gearing that makes the car a dog, other than that I'm happy with the three I have had the pleasure to modify and call my own Cavi love
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search