Walker Quiet Flow SS help. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Walker Quiet Flow SS help.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:08 PM
Sup everybody I have an '04 cavy pacesetter ceramic header, 2.50 mandrel exhaust, maganapack resonator, and a magnaflow muffler. The interior noise has been getting annoying lately there is no drone just the actual sound of the engine which doesnt sound to good on normal take offs, sounds mean at WOT though. I like the sound WOT but since i havent been too much into drag racing lately i want to take the magnaflow muffler off and have a quieter exhaust. I just order a walker quiet flow muffler from summit part number 21544 case length 27in. width 11in offset inlet center outlet. its a little bit longer than stock by a few inches I was just wondering if anyone else is running this muffler or if I could be able to have the muffler shop squeeze it in there. thanks.

Re: Walker Quiet Flow SS help.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:45 PM
a muffler shop can make anyyyyy muffler fit with ease.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:02 PM
DJ Beefy wrote:a muffler shop can make anyyyyy muffler fit with ease.

yeah for sure. but just wondering if anyone else on here was running the same part number and wondered if they ran into any problems. i hate going to the muffler shop and them telling me oh we have to this and this and its gonna cost extra. which i know know the muffler doesnt belong there but it would be nice to know so i can be ready with a lil extra cash on hand for the install.
Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:59 AM
I installed the muffler a couple of days ago and it was a tight fit but the muffler man made it work. since the muffler had a 27in long case and a offset inlet the pipe over the rear axle beam had to be re done. i have a mandrel system on it and was kinda scared that the pipe was gonna be all crushed but amazingly it was not pretty smooth bend almost couldnt tell the difference, but it still has the marks of a crush bend. The muffler sounds quiet almost stock. I start the car and right away the muffler does its job, at idle it has a growl, and cruising and on the highway there is no interior noise and it is pretty quiet out back. The only bad thing is the rasp it has revving above 2500rpm in park, but if you gradually go up on the rpms and leave it at about 4 grand it sounds smooth no rasp. weird. I am satisfied even with some of the rasp buts its nice to feel my car accelerate as quick as when i had the magnaflow and not make so much damn noise.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search