Having an LN2 Problem... or 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Having an LN2 Problem... or 3
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:49 PM
My LN2 runs strongly and starts with ease. However, recently its' fair share of problems have come through.
I have a 3spd Auto mated to the LN2 and at the Full Throttle shift point(41 MPH for 1st-> 2nd, 74 MPH for 2nd->3rd) the car hits maximum torque and HP 4 MPH prior to the shift point, effectively killing any momentum I have going up hills.

Secondly, I have a temperature problem(which I am presuming to be a bad thermostat)... The gauge reads normally when the car is warming up/moving. However, after it sits immediately after highway driving, the temperature spikes at 215-225 depending on the outside temperature. The car resumes normal temperature upon movement.

Finally, the car during the temperature spike also engages in an RPM spike. It spikes high(1250RPM), then low(500), then levels out to around 800.

Any idea what these 3 problems could be?

Re: Having an LN2 Problem... or 3
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:03 PM
normal, normal, and normal. . . .

I need a new sig.
Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:37 PM
Awesome- Thought my car was starting to crap out on me... I gotta hold onto this J for at least 12 more months if not longer.
Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:14 PM
2 could be the same problem. Didnt the 3 speeds have a vac port in the tranny? Vacuum leak could causr the idle....the running hot...make sure the system is holding pressure. Radiatir hoses should start out soft when cold and then get harder because of pressure. Also a cloged heater core in these cars can cause overheat...i know its weird but its true.
Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:48 PM
My 95 2.2 always seems to get hot like that just sitting. I've even recently just put a new radiator in because of a crack and it still gets hot. I did swap the thermostat for 180 long time ago, but no diff..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search