Import Performance Parts - Good, Bad, or Inbetween? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Import Performance Parts - Good, Bad, or Inbetween?
Friday, June 29, 2012 8:42 PM
Hi all,

What's the experience you have had with them?

thanks,
dennis

Re: Import Performance Parts - Good, Bad, or Inbetween?
Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:59 AM
www.TurboTechRacing.com

We carry everything they do, and most likely more. Support forum vendors, as we support you!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:16 AM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:www.TurboTechRacing.com

We carry everything they do, and most likely more. Support forum vendors, as we support you!

This, TTR is on top of the aftermarket needs of J's.
Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:49 AM
X3 on supporting Aaron at Turbotech... He is a great guy to work with and as usual... always better to support those who support the community.

However to answer your question, Before I knew Aaron could get my Rods and Pistons for my 2200 (Eagle H-Beams and Wiseco Pistons) IPP had a sale on a rod and piston package for about 700 I believe, it was a great deal, and I got my pistons and rods on time, quickly, and well packaged. So my experience was good.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, July 02, 2012 8:47 AM
now all I need is money!
d
Monday, July 02, 2012 10:21 AM

Since when did you guys offer cam re-grinds for the OHV?

Monday, July 02, 2012 10:54 AM

FAIL.

I have not found many things on your site.
You seem to cater to the 2.4 and eco, not the OHV.
Monday, July 02, 2012 12:08 PM
Mike wrote:

Since when did you guys offer cam re-grinds for the OHV?

To clarify on my comment, I'm not bashing. I have had good experiences with TTR. But your statement implies you offer everything they do, which is not true.

Monday, July 02, 2012 5:08 PM
I've ent emails in the past to Aaron, and If you want aspecific item that's not listed, he will get back to you. Realistically I dubt he could post every single part up that they offer, just the popular items that are regulary purcased.

Monday, July 02, 2012 7:57 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I've ent emails in the past to Aaron, and If you want aspecific item that's not listed, he will get back to you. Realistically I dubt he could post every single part up that they offer, just the popular items that are regulary purcased.

Correct! and thanks!

For the most part though, besides valves, head gaskets, rods, we dont carry much for the 2200 OHV engine... Sorry... Tranny and other items are similar to the other Cavaliers/Sunfires so they work well. Manufacture lines we carry just dont make much for the 2.2L OHV members, which means we dont have much to sell on those.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:15 PM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:I've ent emails in the past to Aaron, and If you want aspecific item that's not listed, he will get back to you. Realistically I dubt he could post every single part up that they offer, just the popular items that are regulary purcased.

Correct! and thanks!

For the most part though, besides valves, head gaskets, rods, we dont carry much for the 2200 OHV engine... Sorry... Tranny and other items are similar to the other Cavaliers/Sunfires so they work well. Manufacture lines we carry just dont make much for the 2.2L OHV members, which means we dont have much to sell on those.

I feel like pistons might be a good idea...and pushrods...if you're taking suggestions...

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 5:19 PM
Dave De Stefano wrote:

I feel like pistons might be a good idea...and pushrods...if you're taking suggestions...

Aaron is a Wiseco dealer, so he can get pistons no problem... Most pistons are custom made to order, very few are kept in stock if any, even for the 2.4 and Eco... So your proposal is kind of irrelevant...

Pushrods you can get from anywhere, there is nothing special about LN2 pushrods... Again, most pushrods are going to be custom length or made to order/bought in a specific length... There are tons of suppliers.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:46 PM
People tend to treat performance business as a competition and truth be told we can all benefit from working together. Every company seems to specialize in something so eventually every part you can imagine for whatever engine you're working on gets produced and in the end everyone wins. I definitely agree with supporting vendors who support sites, but I'd add that you should support the few who are crazy enough to step up and specialize in the jbodies in general... to that point and to finally answer your question I'll add that Phill at Import Performance Parts sells some great parts at fair prices and has pretty good customer service to back it up. I've been buying stuff from him for a while and we're working on some projects together right now to develop several new products for the 2.2 OHV that will greatly increase 2.2 OHV performance.
Monday, July 23, 2012 9:40 PM
I've bought the whole engine rebuild kit from ipp and got everything from the pistons rods to the gaskets within the week. They even price matched me on the eagles I found for cheaper. There good communication wise. I emailed them back and forth for a week with questions before I put down money and they were happy to answer all my questions. I'm not saying ttr is bad. But if the question is about ipp ill vouch for them. Excellent parts all in original boxes even with stickers. No reason to be hesitant about ipp.
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:16 AM
wwwDTS2net wrote:People tend to treat performance business as a competition and truth be told we can all benefit from working together. Every company seems to specialize in something so eventually every part you can imagine for whatever engine you're working on gets produced and in the end everyone wins. I definitely agree with supporting vendors who support sites, but I'd add that you should support the few who are crazy enough to step up and specialize in the jbodies in general... to that point and to finally answer your question I'll add that Phill at Import Performance Parts sells some great parts at fair prices and has pretty good customer service to back it up. I've been buying stuff from him for a while and we're working on some projects together right now to develop several new products for the 2.2 OHV that will greatly increase 2.2 OHV performance.

thank you. very helpful.
I agree with your point that we all need to work together. I'd like to see a section on "sourcing" here on the j body sight. The folks selling stuff would have incentive to step up the "customer service + pricing = value" formula.

pm also coming

dennis
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:30 AM
96-Z.24 wrote:I've bought the whole engine rebuild kit from ipp and got everything from the pistons rods to the gaskets within the week. They even price matched me on the eagles I found for cheaper. There good communication wise. I emailed them back and forth for a week with questions before I put down money and they were happy to answer all my questions. I'm not saying ttr is bad. But if the question is about ipp ill vouch for them. Excellent parts all in original boxes even with stickers. No reason to be hesitant about ipp.

Thanks for the positive info. They are the only ones with the cam even close to what I'm looking for.

dennis
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:07 PM
I bought a cam from them and valve springs every thing lined good decent customer support.Price was better than regrind.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search