Coil on plug swap - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Coil on plug swap
Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:18 PM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:after some thinking the LSJ coils wont work as a straight swap do to the computer not being able to control them. LSJ PCM controls ignition thru 58x trigger wheel, L61 ICM controls ignition thru 7x trigger wheel.

What are you talking about? The trigger wheel (i.e. CPS signal) is used by the PCM or ICM to know the crank angle. The PCM will then tell the ICM to fire the coil at some desired crank angle. The number of teeth on the trigger wheel has nothing to do with the physical coil itself.

I still don't understand what the OP expects to gain with a wasted spark COP setup.

I have no signiture

Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:39 PM
Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:25 PM
Whalesac wrote:
MillerBilt Racing wrote:after some thinking the LSJ coils wont work as a straight swap do to the computer not being able to control them. LSJ PCM controls ignition thru 58x trigger wheel, L61 ICM controls ignition thru 7x trigger wheel.

What are you talking about? The trigger wheel (i.e. CPS signal) is used by the PCM or ICM to know the crank angle. The PCM will then tell the ICM to fire the coil at some desired crank angle. The number of teeth on the trigger wheel has nothing to do with the physical coil itself.

I still don't understand what the OP expects to gain with a wasted spark COP setup.

The LSJ uses the PCM only to control spark where the L61 uses the PCM/ICM

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, July 01, 2012 10:31 AM
Idk if the LSJ stuff would work or not. But the ford coils definatly work lol
Sunday, July 01, 2012 8:13 PM
so this is just another option to get rid of the idi and plastic housing then? no other benefit right?

Sunday, July 01, 2012 9:40 PM
I don't have any dyno charts but how could a more efficient ignition system will make more power?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search