Ebay intake. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ebay intake.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:25 PM
Found these on Ebay today for 2.2L.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-1997-CHEVY-CAVALIER-PONTIAC-SUNFIRE-2-2-2-2L-OHV-AIR-INTAKE-KIT-SYSTEMS-/180902975069?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1997%7CMake%3AChevr olet%7CModel%3ACavalier%7CSubmodel%3ABase&hash=item2a1ea8565d&vxp=mtr#ht_3250wt_1157

You all think just replace the filter with a K&N and go with it or make a custom? Don't have enough for a AEM just yet so was wondering also if anyone tried the Ebay one's before. I did a search and found a few posts but didn't wanna bring back a OLD thread and get jumped

Re: Ebay intake.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:22 PM
go with it, replace filter with k+n

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:52 PM
What I was thinkin too, just wanted a second opinion. Thanks, will take pics to share when I get it.
Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:24 PM
I have that same one on my car. It works really good so far i have no problems with it.
Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:32 PM
just wondering, where does that first silicone hose go? the one on the nipple closest the filter? from the pics on ebay the IAT sensor plugs into it. if this is the case, MOVE IT. preferably as close to the throttle body as possible.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info David. Was wondering on that silicone hose also like Rich Grayo Jr. said.
Saturday, June 16, 2012 1:51 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:just wondering, where does that first silicone hose go? the one on the nipple closest the filter? from the pics on ebay the IAT sensor plugs into it. if this is the case, MOVE IT. preferably as close to the throttle body as possible.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just going to say it's not that big of a deal. You could also run a Spectre or AEM filter, I ran a Spectre filter with no problems before my current K&N

Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:28 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:just wondering, where does that first silicone hose go? the one on the nipple closest the filter? from the pics on ebay the IAT sensor plugs into it. if this is the case, MOVE IT. preferably as close to the throttle body as possible.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just going to say it's not that big of a deal.

about the iat? that hose drops it right in front of the exhaust manifold where it will get stupidly hot. ideally, you want it the same distance from the throttle body as it was in the factory tube, and in the center of the incoming air.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:20 PM
"Fits automatic and manual transmissions only" LMAO

I have a Spectre filter and think it works pretty well. If you want a K&N go for it, your money!

Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:04 PM
FireRedCav wrote:"Fits automatic and manual transmissions only" LMAO

I have a Spectre filter and think it works pretty well. If you want a K&N go for it, your money!

Was laughing at the transmission thing too.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:35 PM
Saturday, June 16, 2012 11:05 PM
This is the one you air intakewant

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, June 16, 2012 11:12 PM
alejandro davila wrote:This is the one you air intakewant

How was that one different?

Little Sedan That Could <3 Forever

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:50 AM
they are all the same, or piece on together at autozone, all do the same thing, change the sound of engine and if you stayy off the gas save you some mpg, power difference on a stock engine, no, just get whatever is easy to put on and cheap

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:53 AM
spectre on mine too works the same and not any better than the K&n i had on my 2200, and spectre can get whatever color you want

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:34 AM
Paul wrote:
alejandro davila wrote:This is the one you air intakewant

How was that one different?

goes all the way to the TB, the one you posted doesn't.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:27 AM
DJ Beefy wrote:they are all the same, or piece on together at autozone, all do the same thing, change the sound of engine and if you stayy off the gas save you some mpg, power difference on a stock engine, no, just get whatever is easy to put on and cheap

I beg to differ on this, and peice one together at autozone hope your not talking about those crap plastic intakes!
alejandro posted the best to get for cheap price.
and x2 with rich
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:09 AM
I pieced my "CAI" together from aluminum tubing and silicone couplers.

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:14 AM
Sorry guys havent been here in a while, but yes this one goes all the way to the throttle body, and for the price aint too bad, in my opinion in about six months or so switch to. Dryflow filter so you can just wash, dry n put back on, these have to be recharged and its a pain doing it properly

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:28 AM
to the OP, if your intake is going to be a simple one like that and you plan on buying a k&n for it anyway you might be better off getting an exhaust shop to bend you a piece of pipe. probably help keep cost down.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:50 PM
Have not bought yet as other stuff came up, really was lookin at another but wanted to post to pass on if you all knew anyone that needed one. Probly will go the bend pipe route as I know someone that does exhaust and I can probly just bring him the pipe and get it back a lil later.
Monday, July 02, 2012 8:47 PM
I had one of those spectre filters, now I have a k+n, I have no dyno proof but just judging by the horrible quality of the spectre filters and garbage plastic tubing they sell at autozone I know the k+n is worth the extra 20 bux

Monday, July 02, 2012 9:14 PM
yeah, if your on a budget, get something bent up to fit.. or if you can swing it buy one of the cheaper ebay intakes, use the pipe, ditch the cheap filter they give you and get a K&N or another respectable name brand filter.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search