Are E3's worth it? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Are E3's worth it?
Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:39 PM
I need to get new plugs, and was wondering is it worth it to buy them? are there really any true benifits of them to pay extra for them, or am i fine going for normal.

Re: Are E3's worth it?
Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:31 PM
Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:22 PM
Eco and LD9, Delco, which are mostly made by some one else currently, NGK I thought I saw in another thread, for the LN2, NGK G-power.

I need a new sig.
Friday, June 29, 2012 12:39 PM
Just my experience with a few plugs

I run them...I like them...28.8 MPG-mixed driving.....in a full bolt-on untuned car-factory injectors....they seem likey burn just a smidge too hot though, kinda white in color, more so than in my 3800...looking into cylinder bores-clean, no carbon on piston tops...still the silver aluminum color..so all my fuel is being burned for sure...
I used delco plugs 1 TIME AND ONE TIME ONLY...50+ BUX AND THEY WERE KINDA JUNK-MISFIRE AFTER 2 MONTHS-car unchanged and unmodified during the time frame 6 month prior and 2 month after....E3 I changed once in the last like 3 years or more idk....NGK-R seem to be good for me so far I never had a problem in my car, bikes or quad, and autolite seem to far well for me too...Platinum tipped plugs, and iridium on NGK and Autolite....

E3 plugs HAVE BEEN LEGITLY TESTED and do increase fuel economy as well as raise power levels-wheather its 0.1HP or 20HP

NOW are they WORTH it?.....ummmm kinda, it's a personal choice i think...for a dollar or two less a plug u can get the NGK or Autolite plugs...I haven't had a problem I know that much...in my modded v6 S-10 I absolutely got better gas milage, better throttle response, and certainly more power with them...but thats with an upgraded ignition system that can run more power down the line...but in a cavi, you just need to get faster spark really...our coils limit everything a bit, so iridium or platinum tipped plugs from a price standpoint....E3 from a performance standpoint...and Delco if you wanna run OEM stuff
Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:45 AM
i ran these in cavy before i got a new DD.
i really didnt notice any power gains and MPG stayed the same

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, July 01, 2012 9:16 AM
They didnt work well on my 02 LSS or 04 LSS. always felt a slight misfire when i got on it. When back to Delco, not a problem since. So i'd say dont
Sunday, July 08, 2012 9:46 PM
I had a bad experience with them. I lost about 5mpg and had a sparatic miss after installing them. Pulled them out and put in a new set of ngks and all was good again. Idle was smooth and gas milage came back.

To me they are a big hype. They may work for other cars but the LD9s dont seem to like them.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, July 08, 2012 10:42 PM
Everything I have seen is the E3's are better in every aspect. I could see the stock ignition not being up to par for the demands of these plugs. I plan on running these on my built motor and I am tempted to put them in right now to see how it handles them. I do have an upgraded ignition so no worries about it handling the plugs.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Monday, July 09, 2012 5:08 PM
DSMskyline wrote:

To me they are a big hype. They may work for other cars but the LD9s dont seem to like them.

i had an LD9. worked ok in mine.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:49 AM
Ya your pissing your money down the drain.

Delco's or NGK's.

I run NGK copper sports in my car that are one step colder, never an issue with 11.3:1 CR even is sub zero starts, put about 10,000miles on them pulled them and checked the gap and they were damn near exactly what I originally had them gaped to.

Tossed a new set in tho, since a full set of 4 is $8 at any auto store.

If your looking to find HP by changing your spark plugs, your not doing it right.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search