Possible mods. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Possible mods.
Monday, July 16, 2012 10:50 PM
I have an '02 Z24 Ecotec 5sp with 125,000km (78,000mi). I'ld like add a short ram intake. My question is which brand is favoured amongst the J-Body crowd? (Any thoughts on Ractive?). Also, I'ld like to add a Magnaflow exhaust. (Any thoughts on Magnaflow for J-Bodies?). Any input would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Possible mods.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:56 AM
Magnaflow sound god awful horrible... If you are looking to be loud, by all means get it... If you are looking to make the car fast, get a SS Cobalt (LSJ) Muffler. Its been dyno proven to flow all the same without the excessive noise.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:24 AM
I personally liek the sound of the magnaflow full cat back, but it is loud.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:45 AM
High flow CAT CON with magnaflow sounds good and loses the "raspy" excess sound.
d
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:27 AM
Any ebay intake will be fine.. its just tubing... just ditch the crappy filter that comes with it and out on a k&n or some other respectable name brand filter.

As for exhaust Its up to what you want to sound like. There are alot of exhaust clips around here.. also youtube.. and i dont remember exactly how much it was but there were mandrel bent cat back systems (2.5" stainless) for under 200 on ebay.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:41 PM
Secret Weapin R intake piece! More air velocity!
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:35 PM
Ive had two magnaflow cats come apart... they are junk...

Performance Curve high flow cats are better quality and run like $40...

I'm a firm believer that your engine should make the noise, not the exhaust...

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:41 PM
I've got a magnaflow on mine, and unless I go wot, its barely louder than stock; the intake drowns it out. Sounds a bit raspy from outside the car over 4 grand, but I have a header, high flow cat and muffler with no resonator. Never had any problems with the magnaflow cats either.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:35 PM
I had a cosmo intake on my Corolla, and it did the job for cheap. The cavalier intakes are under $100, and their products are fairly well made.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search