ecm swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecm swap
Monday, July 23, 2012 1:15 PM
Has anyone tried to use an automatic ecm with a manual trans. ive herd some guys are running them and it makes there car rap rpms faster. i was wondering if there are any sensors that could cause running issues tho. an 01 ln2 motor and tranny will be used in this proccess.

Re: ecm swap
Monday, July 23, 2012 1:39 PM
cars can rap?

Monday, July 23, 2012 3:31 PM
racer10 wrote:Has anyone tried to use an automatic ecm with a manual trans. ive herd some guys are running them and it makes there car rap rpms faster. i was wondering if there are any sensors that could cause running issues tho. an 01 ln2 motor and tranny will be used in this proccess.
yes you can run an auto pcm with a manual transmission... You will need to turn all the solenoid and speed sensor codes off in HPTuners, or you will have a permanent CEL.

Your idle will also be set lower with an Auto PCM.

All of the engine values are the same, so how the engine runs will not be affected. Also the PCM has no control over a Manual trans, and just monitors the VSS. So you will not experience any performance gain by swapping to an Auto PCM...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 23, 2012 3:32 PM

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:19 PM
Is the Rev Limiter, {not to be confused with the Speed Limiter} higher in the Automatic computer like some other GM vehicles are?
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:51 PM
Are you looking to rev higher for circle track racing or something?

Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:05 AM
In my particular case yes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search