a full LE5 swap?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a full LE5 swap??
Monday, July 23, 2012 4:59 PM
i haven't been on for some time but is the LE5 full swap out of the question anymore? can it be done

i don't know how true this video is

i searched alittle but all i come up with is LE5 intake manifold

Re: a full LE5 swap??
Monday, July 23, 2012 5:07 PM
The stock ECU cannot run the VVT.

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:15 PM
You can swap the bottom end in and use a L61 head and run an external trigger ring but thats about it. Unless you want to swap the entire car over from your donor car to the cav. Way more time and money then its worth
Monday, July 23, 2012 5:55 PM
I really cant see why you cant just run it on a 2.4 Cobalt harness and ECU.

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:33 PM
Wouldnt you have to swap everything though? Body harness, engine harness, bcm etc like doing a 95-99 eco swap?
Monday, July 23, 2012 10:12 PM
What Newt said.
You'd have to swap everything over, (motor, engine and body harness, probably instrument cluster, etc) but it's doable. I was thinking about this the other day...had a not sold all my le5 stuff (bought it just for the block) I wouldn't mind trying this...VVT and DI with the blower and big cams is a fun thought...

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:41 AM
Again, I don't even see why you would have to swap everything over.

Just splice the two harnesses together and use HPT to turn off all the theft junk.

Might need a signal converter box for the tach and speedo, but they are only like 50 bone each.

Hell if I can find a diagram on how to splice an LS1 engine harness into a early 90's Nissan 240 and have all the gauges work, this surely can be done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search