stroker ?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stroker ??
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:16 AM
ok im new here but ive been running eco's for a long time can somebody tell me what i have here ? i took a le5 block and piston's used a l61 crank and rod's and a patriot l61 head with a stage 3 crane cam's custom grind put the whole thing together and turned thru by hand nothing hitting i had to cut the top of the rod's to fit the le5 piston's also cut side clearence on rod's going to crank it this weekend can't wait !!

Re: stroker ??
Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:39 PM
so correct me if im wrong.................but................you took a block with the same size bore pistons, and installed a crank with a shorter stroke....................so unless youve done something i dont know about, since you used the crank from a 2.2L i would have to guess you just make another 2.2L engine............ why all the extra work ??????
this would make it DEstroked...not a stroker

Friday, July 27, 2012 4:37 PM
agreed^^^^^^

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Friday, July 27, 2012 4:56 PM
the displacement would put you around a 2.3L so you can look at it as a destroked 2.4 as listed above

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:29 AM
i put a 2.2 crank and rod's in a 2.4 i used the 2.4 piston's and a patriot 2.2 head i always thought the block height was the same between 2.2 and 2.4 but my piston's come out of the block very little but there outta the block ( makes more compression ) car run's excellent haven't raced it yet hopefully this weekend still working on a custom gear for the f23 trans
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:46 PM
the 2.4 pistons probably came outta the head cus they were made to go on 2.4 rods..which are probably a little shorter. putting a 2.2 crank in a 2.4 block is no different than just running the whole 2.2 to begin with......it yeilds no difference..save your sweat and cash

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search