Zoomie header - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Zoomie header
Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:04 AM
Has anyone ever make one to run on there fwd quad 4?

Im seriously going to make one for my new engine build just to be cool and to see my nitrous flames through the windshield.

Re: Zoomie header
Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:23 AM
i hope this is a joke
Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:28 AM
Your not one of the intelligent ones are you?

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:29 AM
so like a derby car... or??

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:34 AM
First *CURSE WORD DELETED* you haters.

Bradley the derby cars use dec headers. It would be more like a rail dragster or rat rod.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:25 PM

Sunday, July 29, 2012 1:36 PM
ok.. but why exactly? what performance benefit is that going to provide versus having the gases escape under the car?

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:03 PM
It would look interesting but probably sound like crap. It would be droning and loud. Unless its a 1/4 mile car I don't think youll like it as much as you think. I would love to see the outcome though.

Monday, July 30, 2012 4:05 AM
I know of one honda guy that did this...kind of. He added "up" pipes to his header and ran them out the cowl. His header was kinda like our ram horn headers.

Then had old hotrod caps on them, unless he was at the track. He retained the entire exhaust to daily it. Last I knew I think it burned to the ground from an electrical fire.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 30, 2012 9:39 AM
Sorry about the language but i dont need any people talking crap.

Yeah guys its something kinda interesting and yeah its for a race car only. If it yields power i will change it. I should have enough material to make a zoomie and a long tube header.

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:45 AM
It will be for an 086 swapped 2.4 with HO cams.

The only zoomie ive seen on a quad is in some of them rwd quad 4 hot rods.

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:57 AM
I'm not interested in seeing these "nitrous flames" than anything! LOL

But seriously, this is a dumb idea, your going to make less power with this than a standard header, which begs the question.....if your car is a "race car" why the hell are you doing this?

Monday, July 30, 2012 10:00 AM
Exhaust scavenging??? Who needs that.....pfffff......zoomie headers out my hood YO!!!!

Mad respect once the nitrous flames start shootin' out my zoomies' brah......mad respect.

Monday, July 30, 2012 10:20 AM
newt wrote:Exhaust scavenging??? Who needs that.....pfffff......zoomie headers out my hood YO!!!!

Mad respect once the nitrous flames start shootin' out my zoomies' brah......mad respect.
well wait... wouldn't there be no scavenging at all since the motor can't suck up any exhaust gases from the other cyls since there isn't a collector at the end of the header?

I thought, in general, the point is to minimize scavenging, hence why they make long tube headers.

Monday, July 30, 2012 10:48 AM
Ya exactly, there would be no exhaust scavenging, well very minimal anyways.

And the point is to always maximize exhaust scavenging...the more the better, helps pull out the exhaust gases and creates a low pressure area inside the chamber which helps pull in more air.

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic as well, or if you might of misread my sarcasm, as that last post was laced with it...lol

Monday, July 30, 2012 4:37 PM
maximus overdrive wrote:First *CURSE WORD DELETED* you haters.

Bradley the derby cars use dec headers. It would be more like a rail dragster or rat rod.

Haters? No we're not, we are intelligent people who know that unless your engine makes enough horsepower to contribute measurable downforce there is no gain in this...

So unless you want to explain to us right now what the benefits are to a zoomie style header and its effect on exhaust dynamics, flow, and scavenging (in which case you would have realized this is a stupid idea) I suggest you STFU and let those who know better tell you why this is'nt worth the time.

No flames should come out the exhaust with nitrous... In fact on a WOT pull with nitrous you should never see flame... even with shorter primaries... If you do there is something seriously wrong with your tune...

And before you say "top fuel cars spit flames and they run nitro" The flames you see only at night are from hydrogen that has been dissociated and burned from the rest of the atmosphere by the 3500 degree exhaust gases exiting the pipes.. not unburnt fuel... A good engine running at peak performance should not put flame out the exhaust... thats wasted power, and even the big boys in nhra don't do it.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, July 30, 2012 4:54 PM
Alex Richards wrote:
No flames should come out the exhaust with nitrous... In fact on a WOT pull with nitrous you should never see flame... even with shorter primaries... If you do there is something seriously wrong with your tune...

But, but, but the cars in The Fast & Furious shoot flames with their nitrous...............................................

Monday, July 30, 2012 5:30 PM
Alex Richards wrote:
maximus overdrive wrote:First *CURSE WORD DELETED* you haters.

Haters? No we're not, we are intelligent people who know that unless your engine makes enough horsepower to contribute measurable downforce there is no gain in this...

So unless you want to explain to us right now what the benefits are to a zoomie style header and its effect on exhaust dynamics, flow, and scavenging (in which case you would have realized this is a stupid idea) I suggest you STFU and let those who know better tell you why this is'nt worth the time.

And before you say "top fuel cars spit flames and they run nitro" The flames you see only at night are from hydrogen that has been dissociated and burned from the rest of the atmosphere by the 3500 degree exhaust gases exiting the pipes.. not unburnt fuel... A good engine running at peak performance should not put flame out the exhaust... thats wasted power, and even the big boys in nhra don't do it.

man you seriously need to chill. not everyone has a @!#$ masters degree in exhaust theory. he asked a legitimate question. please drop your im better than you attitude down a peg or ten.

Monday, July 30, 2012 5:58 PM
MODERATOR EDIT: Entire Post Removed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:38 PM

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:14 PM
haha inb4crybabyidiotgetshisownthreadlocked.

Monday, July 30, 2012 8:52 PM
Lmao this is too funny. Seriously! I wanna see a flame cannon.

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:34 PM
So if you're going to do it anyways, why did you ask?

MOD Edit: Removed text that broke Language rules.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:42 PM

2010 Honda Fit LX

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:52 PM
Since your just asking for opinions. I think if you have time and the material to do it then you should. Personally I have aleawonderes what it would be like to conjoin cyl one with cyl three and four with two and make it like a four two onne header. But leaving the collectoer of the ,last part so its just a four two collector

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:46 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:man you seriously need to chill. not everyone has a @!#$ masters degree in exhaust theory. he asked a legitimate question. please drop your im better than you attitude down a peg or ten.
I agree with this statement completely.......

But we are going to lock this thread up... I expect everyone to play nicer in the future...

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search