2.4 Tb install - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 Tb install
Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:40 AM

Could someone explain how to do the 2.4 Tb install.Do you need a install plate,will it bolt srtaightg up?i need help!!

Re: 2.4 Tb install
Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:48 AM
Installing it on what? The stock intake manifold?

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Sunday, July 29, 2012 1:05 PM
well its pretty straight forward, honestly.

i guess if you dont know what you are doing you could mount it backwards lol

there are 4 teeeeeeny 10mm bolts that hold it on. one is shorter than the other three.

the throttle cable "wheel" sits on the left side if you are looking at the throttle body bolted down correctly. make sure you bolt the throttle cable bracket down WITH the throttle body. the two left bolts hold this bracket down onto the tb.

the tps or "throttle position sensor" will be on the right hand side if it is bolted down correctly.

the biggest outlet port goes to the brake booster hose (yes that steel hose/line thats an absolute nightmare that snakes its way undneath the the side of the engine)

the smaller ones are for the evap system and fuel pressure regulator.

the map sensor bolts onto the left front section and has a vaccum hose that runs to the intake manifold.

and lastly the large circular sensor thats bolted to the front of the throttle body is the IAC or "idle air control" valve. it will be pointing straight forward if the tb is bolted down correctly.

here's the best picture of mine i could find for reference.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:22 PM
i assume the O.P. is looking to install it on a 2200 intake Mani...

Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:00 PM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:i assume the O.P. is looking to install it on a 2200 intake Mani...

They are the same size TB, that would be silly.

Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:29 PM

Thanks everybody.I didnt know they was the same size.I read on this performance thread.That it was bigger.

So it does bolt straight up.Thats what I was wanting to know.THANKS!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search