DUAL EXHAUST? - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
DUAL EXHAUST?
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:30 AM
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts where on dual exhaust? 2.4L > .20 over > 10-15psi

Re: DUAL EXHAUST?
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:08 PM
A waste. Single does the same job very well without the extra weight.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:37 PM
I did duals, only for cosmetic reasons.
I love symmetry!
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:40 PM
for these 4 cylinder engines duals just give you cosmetics and a different sound, as far as flow...I have to agree with these guys single does the job without the weight
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:08 PM
And What do you guys suggest for exhaust? Looking for a deep smooth tone

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:33 PM
Well I have:

DNA Street Series (under the car)
Borla XR-1 (rear of the car)
2 Vibrant 12" resonators (exit of the car)
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:24 PM
If you want Performance and flow, Get a muffler off the Cobalt SS Supercharged or TurboCharged. Its dynoproven to flow as well as any "performance muffler" without the noise...

If you're looking for noise... go magnaflow, flowmaster, borla, vibrant, dynamax, etc..

Our N/A (keep in mind, you are posting in the N/A Performance forum) 2.4l engines run best with a good long tube header (such as rons header), 2.5" piping, a high flow cat (Performance Curve make high flows for like 40-60 bucks) and the Cobalt SS muffler...

There is no need to run two exhaust threads since ultimately the O.P. is looking for exhaust ideas in both threads...

This discussion can continue here http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=478275&t=478275

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:34 PM

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search