throttle body sizes - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
throttle body sizes
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:55 PM
hey guys, i'm searching for some power on the girlfriends 2200---we just got her a 2001 sunfire se.
anyway I cannot for the life of me remember nor can I find the thread that has all the sizes--what the throttle body sizes are on out cars, the 2.3 is bigger than the ld9 and the ho is even bigger yet, the 2200 I have no clue, I have an oversized one on my car now and I can't even remember what that thing was bored to...anyway if someone knows or can recall that be pretty sweet. ideally I was just going to use the blade off my factory ld9 and have the 2.2's bored to match, if they are different even, which I would hope they are haha

Re: throttle body sizes
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:57 PM
Just eco swap it.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:22 PM
After swapping you may find that it is more of a pain to tune with than the gain that you wanted..

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:27 PM
Vinnie wrote:hey guys, i'm searching for some power on the girlfriends 2200---we just got her a 2001 sunfire se.
anyway I cannot for the life of me remember nor can I find the thread that has all the sizes--what the throttle body sizes are on out cars, the 2.3 is bigger than the ld9 and the ho is even bigger yet, the 2200 I have no clue, I have an oversized one on my car now and I can't even remember what that thing was bored to...anyway if someone knows or can recall that be pretty sweet. ideally I was just going to use the blade off my factory ld9 and have the 2.2's bored to match, if they are different even, which I would hope they are haha

I believe the 2.4 tb (52mm) is the same size as the 2200... the 95, 2.3 is 4 mm bigger at 56mm.

However... without installing a larger cam, and porting and polishing the head, a bigger TB will not help you whatsoever...

Your best bet is to boost the engine... 2200's really can't play in the N/A world as cheaply as the 2.4 and the Eco.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:35 PM
Yeah Kyle I was thinking about that, just not sure I want to commit to all that with a 2200...they just aren't too strong of an engine. Just want to get some more for the hills, intake exhaust and throttle body, but I was thinking the one on the 2.2 was well more than the motors needs, and now I know I was right anyway, there is no need for anything bigger than whats on it. an eco swap...noway...if it was an eco car than turbo all day. As for turbo this 2.2...maybe just to make it a bit different, I gotta get my Z a rebuild this winter first though
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 2:01 PM
There are plenty of boosted 2200s on here making decent power and there are plenty of parts available to do so if you decide to go that route.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 6:35 PM
so 2200 and 2.4 est. 52mm and 2.3 est 56mm, I will mic my stocker and the 2200 if the thread stays open long enough n i'm not lazy haha, in the mean time maybe i'll poke around the forums on the turbo idea
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search