Mounts ?!? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mounts ?!?
Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:02 PM
I'm in the market for new mounts, looking to get a upper and lower engine mounts asap as I dont like the way the engine rocks back and forth specially after booting it, I will be buying new, but I'm still debating on the brand to get, Im looking to get a setup with the least vibes so to speak. I will be gettting a lower and upper engine mounts.

Im torn between the LZM & TTR Setup.

Opinions on the them ? and how are the vibrations with them

2004 Ecotec, Completley Stock...For Now

Re: Mounts ?!?
Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:10 PM
RKSport. I love mine and i personally think that the upper is a better design(sorry TTR).

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:41 AM
the vibes go away after the mounts break in

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:50 AM
x2 with the RK sport mounts!

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:57 AM
I've got the TTR upper and lower. Vibes are only noticeable at idle, which isn't a big deal.
Just hit 500 miles with them on and I love them.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:09 AM
I have TTR upper, lower, and transmission mount. I Installed them all at the same time and it had alot of vibrations at low rpms, Then i found out my my timing chain stretched. When I swapped in another engine all the vibrations went away. I would recommend TTR but I never had any experience with any other brand.
Monday, July 23, 2012 10:28 AM
Thank you guys for everything, I placed an order for the TTR upper and TTR Lower Oval Mounts, I like the option to get them painted the color I want and the RKSport one was red and I didnt want that or having to repaint, I'll report back after I recieve them and install them

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:51 AM
the ttr bushings seems to sag and deteriorate fast. ive seen a few pics around here of the lower mounts bushing's just completely fubar.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Monday, July 23, 2012 3:26 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:the ttr bushings seems to sag and deteriorate fast. ive seen a few pics around here of the lower mounts bushing's just completely fubar.
ive had this issue on my ttr upper... i have replaced the bushing once... It would be nice to find a permanent bushing to put back in there...

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:23 PM
Not a fan of TTR's mounts. The poly is just too soft.
Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:37 PM
Twenty4z wrote:I've got the TTR upper and lower. Vibes are only noticeable at idle, which isn't a big deal.
Just hit 500 miles with them on and I love them.

Thanks!

SilvrSunfir wrote:I have TTR upper, lower, and transmission mount. I Installed them all at the same time and it had alot of vibrations at low rpms, Then i found out my my timing chain stretched. When I swapped in another engine all the vibrations went away. I would recommend TTR but I never had any experience with any other brand.

You do have some initial vibs, but they do disapate.

SunburstSS wrote:Thank you guys for everything, I placed an order for the TTR upper and TTR Lower Oval Mounts, I like the option to get them painted the color I want and the RKSport one was red and I didnt want that or having to repaint, I'll report back after I recieve them and install them

I believe these are coated now and are shipping tomorrow.

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:the ttr bushings seems to sag and deteriorate fast. ive seen a few pics around here of the lower mounts bushing's just completely fubar.

I would not say fast, many mounts out there are going on 5-10 years old... Rubber factory suspension bushings dont even last that long. They are very inexpensive to replace, and very simple to replace. Vibrations are horrable with the RK Sport upper, I dont care what anyone says, they are there.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!

Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:59 PM
personally I have had rk sports and switched to the ttr I like it better less vibration with the bigger bushing, rk's bushings are way to small I think.
Friday, July 27, 2012 9:40 AM
i took the rk sport upper out of my beretta and put it in my cavalier. i noticed absolutely NO difference in vibrations in the beretta. the upper mount is not the cause... its the lower.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, July 27, 2012 9:47 AM
I agree, the lower is the Mount that makes the vibrations.

Friday, July 27, 2012 10:34 AM
I am making a custom lower mount right now... It involves a ingalls stiffy...

Friday, July 27, 2012 10:51 AM
With stage 3 cams, no balance shafts or blanks, a 900rpm idle and RK sport mounts, I am used to the vibrations and you cant even tell. Im sure if I could turn ac on then it might be less tolerable but my RK sport one is holding up light years ahead of the TTR upper I had. I switched them out 2 years ago and will never go back. The point of a stiff mount and vibrations means that its transferring the vibrations from the engine to the whole car. Thats what I need and want.

Friday, July 27, 2012 11:08 AM
Yep, you are right, for some its not tolerable for the street or everyday use..

Friday, July 27, 2012 11:30 AM
My RK mounts are perfectly fine for the street and everyday use.

Friday, July 27, 2012 11:58 AM
Upper and lower?

Friday, July 27, 2012 12:13 PM
Yep and TTR tranny mounts. No issues.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 4:37 PM
Got My TTR Mounts today, the lower one was the aluminum oval one.

The install was easy took about 20 minutes on jack stands.

For brand new mounts the vibration isn't bad at all, there virtually no vibs on idle, but there is slight vibs upto 2000 rpms, but they arent bad at all, Im actually surprised, Shifting is more precise and there is no rocking back and forth anymore, I feel comfortable getting on it now

I will report back later on after 1000 miles to see how everything is....

Thanks TTR

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:30 AM
Post up photos!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:57 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:the vibes go away after the mounts break in
i have ttr upper and lower and still vibes after a few years now, but im used to it, good parts. bad paint lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search