HO cam/tower supplier? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO cam/tower supplier?
Thursday, February 04, 2010 1:54 PM
I'm just compiling a list of what and were I need to get parts from for my motor build. I've decided to go with the HO cams instead of the JBP cams, but I don't have tools to do anything other then assemble myself. I've been told a few guys on here do HO cam mods and has stock on them but, since everyone here seems to be on a first name basis instead of screen names, the newbie having a hard time tracking the people down.

I'm looking for a HO exhaust tower and cam, a HO intake cam modified for the 2.4, and finally a 2.4 intake tower to accept a HO intake cam. If someone could point me to the right guy I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: HO cam/tower supplier?
Thursday, February 04, 2010 2:22 PM
pm me, i can pretty much take take of everything on you're list.

Thursday, February 04, 2010 3:01 PM
i can do the cam tower clearancing as well

Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:46 PM
I can modify the cam and I have a 2.3 exhaust tower.

Thursday, February 04, 2010 7:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA wow.

talk about resources, take you're pick. theres 3 that can do the work for you.

Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:01 PM
bunch of resourceful bastards we are lol

Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:54 PM
damn it man you guys make me wanna run these so bad...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Thursday, February 04, 2010 9:22 PM
lol jared.. you've spared no expense in other areas, why would you now? come on... you know you wanna! the HO cams are calling you're name!

jaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrred..... jaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrred...........jaaaaaaaaaaLG0aaaaaaaarrrrrred......

Friday, February 05, 2010 4:56 AM
Ah I remember when everyone was trying so hard to get a millerperformance cam/tower set up! lol

Friday, February 05, 2010 5:16 AM
Lol I remember when we all were scrounging for secret cams.........................................Oh wait, im new to HO's as well

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, February 05, 2010 5:22 AM
^^^ hahaha i remember those days to! i remember it being weeks before i could locate a good 95 intake cam. now ive got 4 of them stashed away! LOL

and yup j, i made a specific thread back in the day trying to find a place to get all the stuff done to get HO cams to work... i finally found my machinist and it worked out great. then like 3 weeks after clyde finally budged after me BEGGING him for months to buy his miller HO cams.

i wonder just how many todd did modify anyways...

Sunday, February 07, 2010 9:48 PM
i know they are calling my name ......... but with them i would have to run the oil pump swap which means ripping the engine out again lol......

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Friday, August 10, 2012 6:49 AM
Bringing this back....

Can any of you guys modify the HO intake TOWER to accept the CPS sensor? I'm running HG2's, and no longer want to run in batch fire all day, all night.

Friday, August 10, 2012 12:28 PM
Need to have a pad welded on the cam as well for that to work.

Friday, August 10, 2012 2:59 PM
the tower? there is no modding required for the tower as far as the cam sensor goes.

well, unless of course you have a 95 2.3 MANUAL tower in which case its got the sensor boss but its not drilled?

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, August 10, 2012 4:49 PM
have to have the 2.4 tower modded to fit the 2.3 lifters.

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:06 PM
Thrice . wrote:Bringing this back....

Can any of you guys modify the HO intake TOWER to accept the CPS sensor? I'm running HG2's, and no longer want to run in batch fire all day, all night.
this didn't need to be bumped... you could have/should have created a new thread since none of the posts from 2010 have anything related to attaching a CPS pad to a cam, and thus this information will be much harder to be found in a search... since the subject states "HO cam/tower supplier" while most people would be using CPS or "cam position sensor" within their search for information.

To answer your question. Brad has a guy that uses a special jig to weld the cps pad to the cam. Since 99.9999999999999% of us are using 2.4 intake tower, there is no need to modify the tower

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:06 PM
I was wanting to use the stock 2.3 HO towers with my 086 head so that i wouldn't ruin my HG2's and lessen their value by hacking them up to work with the 2.4 towers. Sorry for the confusion, and bringing up a useless thread.

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:41 PM
you're going to do that by welding the CPS pad on to the cam... regardless of what cam towers you use and how you modify them to accept the cps sensor, the cam still needs the pad welded to it...

you could also try a Cam Sync.... but good luck finding one... MSD discontinued theirs a long time ago

Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:25 PM
By hacking up the HG2's i was more so meaning having to get the end of the cam cut, drilled, and the 2.4 powersteering hex pressed in to have power steering with a 2.4 tower. Because as far as i know, you can't use the old 2.3L powersteering pump setup with a 2.4 tower.

Welding a cps pad to the cam doesn't effect how the cam operates, nor does it limit who can run the cam (HO quad guys could still run it no problem, if/whenever i decide to part out the car, when/if i ever move onto a different platform) But running the 2.4 powersteering setup then limits the audience i could part out to. Does that make sense? It sounded right in my head lol.

If i absolutly HAVE to run an LD9 intake tower and powersteering setup, then so be it. I just wanted to keep things as clean as possible, and modify the cam its self as little as possible. Towers are a dime a dozen, HG2's not so much lol. Sorry again for the contribed and way too long conversation in the wrong thread.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:50 PM
ah ok i understand now, man.

one thing though... if ur worried about parting out, dont continue. just do it.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:07 PM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:you could also try a Cam Sync.... but good luck finding one... MSD discontinued theirs a long time ago
You could start hunting for a cam sync...

Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:11 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:ah ok i understand now, man.

one thing though... if ur worried about parting out, dont continue. just do it.

oh i'm not worried about parting out anytime soon, just that when i do (it happens to us all at some point) i would like the stuff to be as "original" as possible.

-Mystic02VA- wrote: You could start hunting for a cam sync...

This is true. Odds are against me thought

Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:26 PM
i really don't know... i didn't look too hard because my cams are already modified. i plan to send mine to brad's guy eventually once i pull it off the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search