LSJ Cobalt exhaust compatibility on L61 3rd gen - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LSJ Cobalt exhaust compatibility on L61 3rd gen
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:17 PM
I have access to a ported stock LSJ manifold, DP with high flow cat and a Corsa catback.

Now, I know the manifold is fine, and bolts up to an L61... I'm curious if anyone has used a cobalts DP and/or catback. I know they seem relatively similar, both exhausts bend up over the rear suspension, and both exit on the same side.... But that obviously doesnt mean they are the same.

My friend who has this, has a welder, so some custom fabbing is okay... Or if I can get it up enough to bring it to a shop to make any necessary tweaks, that's fine too... Just looking for some insight as far as what to expect.

Ive heard its been done before, but havent seen/heard anything beyond that... Any help would be awesome.

Re: LSJ Cobalt exhaust compatibility on L61 3rd gen
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:34 PM
The mani will work fine

The downpipe will NOT fit

The exhaust wont fit without modding it, in which case might as well build one. Most exhaust shops can do it pretty cheap. Depends what kind of cost its going to cost to get the whole setup. Either way id grab the mani.
Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:20 AM
I'd imagine it would take more work then it could be worth unless you got the exhaust already in which case I could see why you would do it. But if you don't have a kit yet would just be better to get one bent for the J.
Thursday, August 09, 2012 6:16 PM
^^Yup.

Mandrel bent exhausts is like $120 for a tubing kit.....so cheap.
Thursday, August 09, 2012 6:26 PM
That's where I got mine full stainless for a very decent price all put in and looking good. Overall very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.
Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:32 PM
I already have a pacesetter catback, it's nothin special but it's alright. He asked if I wanted it all, it's just been sitting in his basement since he sold his built SS for a CTSV coupe... Lol. Figured it was worth a shot seeing if It could be manipulated to work. I still need an Eco downpipe, so was hoping. Lol.

Friday, August 10, 2012 9:43 AM
Well if you have the Delta cat back already it can more then likely be modified to work. Any exhaust shop should be able to do it and should be cheaper then having them do up a while exhaust system.
Monday, August 13, 2012 4:56 PM
You could use the muffler and tip, just get the DP and mid pipe fabbed up by a local muffler shop.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search