3400 V6 Engine - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3400 V6 Engine
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:43 AM
I have a 2004 cavalier with the 2.2 ecotec. I want to buy a 3400 V6 engine and transmission to swap in, difficulty? Im going to have the engine on a stand and clean it all up and prep it before throwing it in. Has anyone ever done this before? Let me know please.

Re: 3400 V6 Engine
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:00 AM
No, never been done. Many have attempted, all have failed. Its too big to fit and Im guessing the power would rip the chassis in 2.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:52 AM
you cant put that motor in. It never came factory, how would it bolt up? How would you tune the carb?
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:51 PM
Really????

The second gen guys do it all day long... the 95-02 guys do it all day long... and the 03-05 engine bay is the same size as the 95-02... fitment is not an issue, and there hasn't been a carb on the FWD 3x00 engines since the 80s...

You will need to weld up new mounts
You will probably need to rewire the car back to the taillights and replace the gas tank and fuel lines, since i don't think there was a 3400 Engine after 2000, nor do i know how well it will interconnect with the 2000+ BCM (which controls your gauge cluster)...... However you may be able to get away with running 00-02 2200 stuff to ease the transition. (the 2200 shares the same bellhousing as the 3400, so most 2200/LN2 guys keep their transmissions when they swap in the 3400 motor. I would assume the wiring would be relatively similar... at least spliceable for the 00+ BCM)

Hopefully Nota2.4 or any of the other 3x00 swap guys will chime in here...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:55 PM

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:04 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:Really????

The second gen guys do it all day long... the 95-02 guys do it all day long... and the 03-05 engine bay is the same size as the 95-02... fitment is not an issue, and there hasn't been a carb on the FWD 3x00 engines since the 80s...

You will probably need to rewire the car back to the taillights and replace the gas tank and fuel lines, since i don't think there was a 3400 Engine after 2000, nor do i know how well it will interconnect with the 2000+ BCM (which controls your gauge cluster)...... However you may be able to get away with running 00-02 2200 stuff to ease the transition. (the 2200 shares the same bellhousing as the 3400, so most 2200/LN2 guys keep their transmissions when they swap in the 3400 motor. I would assume the wiring would be relatively similar... at least spliceable for the 00+ BCM)

You REALLY need to catch onto sarcasm.
The reason I posted that was because this guy was too lazy to use the search. This has been covered over and over and over again.
Hell, there's a sticky listing EVERYTHING you need for the swap.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:52 PM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:The second gen guys do it all day long...

I did it twice in one day. Does that count?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:04 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:

The reason I posted that was because this guy was too lazy to use the search. This has been covered over and over and over again.
i did catch the sarcasm... and i understand the multiple repeated posts... however... sarcastic replies just off people from wanting to post here, and our member base will shrink at a faster rate than it already is...

Friday, August 17, 2012 4:15 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:
gtpsunfire wrote:

i did catch the sarcasm... and i understand the multiple repeated posts... however... sarcastic replies just off people from wanting to post here, and our member base will shrink at a faster rate than it already is...

People too dumb to use the search feature, or even open their eyes and look at any forums (which may yield expected info in a sticky) are too dumb to swap the engine.

Honestly, don't care what your opinion is on the sarcastic posts. Questions get asked like this every week on here. We all know if someone is actually willing/capable of doing the swap based on questions that they ask. Truthfully, I have no problem answering questions about 3x00 swaps. As long as they're not questions like "can you put one in" or "has anyone ever..."

OP - don't even think about it, it'll never work.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, August 17, 2012 4:31 AM
eh... i would of/could have asked the same questions 15 years ago when i first started out.... back then i had no clue...

Everyone has to start somewhere... and besides, isn;t the sticky in the third gen forum... if i were brand new to this site, i'd never think to look there for motorswap info...

Maybe i'll fix that later on and create a motorswap sticky with links to the motorswap threads in third gen.,,

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:42 PM
Maybe it is in the 3rd gen forum. But if you were starting out and looked in this forum, you'd see the question asked a week ago, 2 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago... and so on.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search