flywheel bolts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
flywheel bolts
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:31 AM
anyone know size i need new ones and cant find them and ofcourse i forgot the one i was gona bring with me at home and i want to finish the motor today

Re: flywheel bolts
Friday, August 17, 2012 5:26 PM
they are a TTY bolt I believe, so don't go using he wrong thing.

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:55 PM
yes, don't re use or use the wrong bolts. get new ones, many have re used them but it is not recommended. there are pics around here of what happens when they back out.. its not good, and i'm sure with your race car you don't want to be tearing your motor and trans back apart to fix damage again.
Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:38 AM
fawk that i have NEVER bought new flywheel bolts except for my 3800 cav and that was only because the flywheel had no bolts with it when i bought it and the 3800 flexplate bolts aren't long enough

just get the bolts for that engine like some ecos and the 3800 have 8 bolts insted of 6 there much smaller the the cars with the 6 bolt flywheel

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:46 AM
I bought ARP so I never have to do it again, they are listed for an Opel in the catalog

Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:25 AM
Ford pinto ARP flywheel Bolts

Part #251-2901

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:38 AM
the Opel/Vauxhall 2.0L 209-2801 they have the Ecotec motors in Europe

Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:27 PM
Arp 254-2801 on eBay for under 50 bucks shipped, took 3 days to get here, they r ford modular flywheel bolts,set of 8, they r just a tiny tiny bit longer but I put them in like real recently few weeks and no problems at all, torque to 75 because 70-what they call for as per arp-just didnt seem like enough lol but factory is only like 28 and a quarter turn or 55 lbs ish so idk, its nice though never having to worry about it again. Point is know they will work for the ld9, there is a thread on this actually, search "big hp, stock flywheel bolts" should bring it up, good luck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search