simple mods question - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
simple mods question
Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:22 PM
ok im new here, and i have had my cavalier for quite some time, but i was wondering about since i live in a place where there is a lot of fast paced traffic, what simple mods i can do to the car and intake/exhaust to make my car get out the way of traffic alittle bit quicker. i have a 2.2 ohv with a auto 4spd that has a CAI and i have removed most of the insulation inside the cabin area, while retaining the carpeting and such. do you guys have any recommendations for what else i should do? i know its a generic question but im running out of ideas quickly and money is tight so something i could do thats free lol. and i know that one of the answers will be exhaust but thats sorta out of the question other than a muffler. lol

thanks in advance!

Re: simple mods question
Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:20 PM
I'd do the BM shiftplus and deck the head. The only free mod is weight reduction. But those two are cheap.
Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:12 PM
Thomas Morris wrote:i know that one of the answers will be exhaust but thats sorta out of the question other than a muffler. lol

I wouldn't run an aftermarket muffler without the rest of the exhaust. The general rule of thumb is build header back... not muffler forward...

Saturday, August 25, 2012 7:29 PM
Tune it. Their rich stock. Probally 10hp.
Saturday, August 25, 2012 7:35 PM
Motor mounts, bolt ons and a tune. Bit of a boost in power, decent boost in fuel economy, and with the tune, you might actually see a bit of power. I'm sure I saw a thread a while back about the 2200 being able to have something close to 40 degrees of advance tuned into it. That and kill the torque management and you'll be able to outrun that bicycle in the way.

Friday, September 28, 2012 3:19 PM
if you want i have a header for thaat motor
Friday, September 28, 2012 5:36 PM
Justin Mozingo wrote:if you want i have a header for thaat motor
The original poster hasn't logged in, in over a month. Please check dates before bumping threads... Additionally, do not use the open forums to sell parts. You could have sent the OP a private message (although in this case, he'd probably never see it), or you could have sent him an email (which would probably be the best way to get a hold of him) . You can also use your local regional forum, and the classifieds as well to sell parts to the general populous.

We're going to lock this up now.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search