LE61 swap what do i need - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LE61 swap what do i need
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:33 PM
oldskool wrote:

My advice, if you want to do this build and go for the minimum, use supertech 78 #'s and comp stage 1 cams or something equivalent. If you want to go all out, have a pro builder check the clearances with your bigger cams and judge if the rest of the valvetrain is up to it. The failures IMO really have nothing to do with "pushing the limits" in terms of HP.

I always forget but I did use supertech springs, and the rest of the LE5 valvetrain.

I don't believe the stage 3 is anywhere near the maximum limits of the LE5. Its a basic bolt-on swap if you have the updated springs and cams (internal motor wise). You would need the bracket and sensor, but I am sure a vendor has that somewhere for sale.

Pontiac Fiero powered by L61/LE5 Ecotec "Innovation is a new level of performance"

Re: LE61 swap what do i need
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:10 PM
My build has Stage 2 cams, but a LSJ head.

With my head shaved 0.003-0.005", +1mm valves, and no headgasket when I clayed my motor, the springs didn't even touch the clay I put on the pistons and it was quite thick.

Mind you they have less lift and duration than a Stage 3....but still...they didn't even touch the clay.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search