I need a new exhaust for my 03 cavalier z24 ecotec - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need a new exhaust for my 03 cavalier z24 ecotec
Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:14 AM
Hey I'm new to all this but I have an aftermarket exhaust already on my cav but I have a small exhaust leak so I figured its time to get a new exhaust, but I'm having a hard time finding one that I like. I'm looking for performance and sound, any ideas you have let me know, thanks.

Re: I need a new exhaust for my 03 cavalier z24 ecotec
Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:10 AM
there are a lot of options out there, and sound is a very subjective topic. you can try here or here. alternatively, you could try this method, this will give you many different options.

if you're motor is basically stock, theres no need to spend money for any larger that 2.25" exhaust. i have Magnaflow mufflers and resonator on my exhaust and i think it sounds good. a lot of people are running dynomax turbo mufflers and like them, i have never heard one in person. some people like their car sounding like a sputtering dirt bike and opt for the cheapest and smallest muffler they can find. you will need to figure it out for yourself.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:32 PM
I have a header and a cold air intake and that's it. I plan on building it up and making it as fast as I can and I'm looking for a deeper sound rather then the dirt bike ricer sound. I really want a magnaflow I just don't know what kind exactly.
Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:41 PM
theres about a million exhaust threads on here if you search...

I'm still a fan of the LSJ muffler...

Friday, October 19, 2012 9:50 AM
i really recommend flowmaster but with that you gotta go all custom. my set up on my 04 cavalier ls sport is pacesetter header to a magnaflow hi-flow cat then a 2.25 custom bent pipe with resonator back to my flowmaster delta 60...its nice and quiet with a low growl at normal driving and a nice roar with open throttle...deff got a good gain from it but not sure never dynoed before or after cuz nowhere near done with the car.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search