2.2 ecotec header template - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec header template
Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:30 PM
Hi There:
Does anyone have - or know where I can get an exhaust flange template (basically traced on paper) for fabrication of a custom header?
I know that GM (and eBay) has the blanks, But I would like to get creative and fab the whole unit (I have access to a water-jet).
Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Albert

Re: 2.2 ecotec header template
Friday, October 19, 2012 5:37 AM
Pull stock header off, trace......profit?
Friday, October 19, 2012 6:49 AM
Philly D wrote:Pull stock header off, trace......profit?

Or use an exhaust gasket....or save yourself some time?

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:10 PM
Thanks.
I know that they are available from GM, But I was wanting to fab one myself (as I have access to the equipment). You know, - and add my own touch to it.
I could pull my exhaust manifold off and use it for a template - but that would be redundant for me Pull it off, make template, put it back on, fab header, remove exhaust manifold, install header..........(daily driver right now).

Since I have access to the equipment - and am GM of a welding shop - I am going to design/build one in "slow motion" this winter. My aim is to buy/fab parts over the winter and install everything during the Spring break-up here (lasts about 4-6 weeks).
Thanks again
Albert
Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:57 AM
if your gonna be doing it yourself then just get a gasket, will have ports bolt holes, outer dimensions and etc.. you can adjust from there, and your gonna need to put a new gasket on for installation anyway right??

Have a nice day.
Monday, October 22, 2012 4:43 AM
I have the flange and about 2" worth the runners I cut off my old Pacesetter that cracked that I could part with. I also have my whole Tsudo stainless header lying around taking up space. You pay shipping or arrainge a pick-up and they're yours.

Monday, October 22, 2012 11:00 AM
PM sent
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search