New Here - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Here
Friday, November 02, 2012 6:01 PM
Great picture. Thanks for the heads up on the cat. I was thinking about going with the thunderbolt cat.

Friday, November 02, 2012 6:48 PM
Definitely go with the Thunderbolt. I've got a Magnaflow that works fine but I threw a rear O2 sensor code. Simple fix with antifoulers but I've yet to hear the Thunderbolts throw a code.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:39 AM
Peter Waithe wrote:Are short ram Intakes any better that cold air intakes. I did some readIng on the sticky post and it had me thinking about it. Do short ram intakes have anything for the IAT to plug into? I was thinking about getting an Option Racing short ram intake.

I am looking forward to getting all the parts for the intake and exhaust and have that done next year.

Short-rams give better throttle response, cold-airs give cooler air (not by much, you can't cool the air any more than the outside air temperature is). The difference will be negligible, I promise. The benefit of short-rams over cold-airs is that you don't have to remove your fender lining to attach it. You will need to replace your fender lining once you install a CAI because it is at the wheel's mercy to throw dirt and water at it. Buy a filter sleeve too if you get a CAI.

Buy an Ebay intake and get a K&N or AEM filter for it. I bought this one for my 2200: http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-CHEVY-CAVALIER-2-2L-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-FILTER-BLUE-/181010507167?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2001%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ACavalier %7CSubmodel%3ABase%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A2.2L&hash=item2a2511259f&vxp=mtr

Here's my review: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=475724&t=475724

Just don't expect to destroy everyone you see at a red light because you got a new intake. Lol.

As for the IAT sensor, there is a grommet for it on intakes, and a nipple for the PVC hose if your intake replaces the resonator on the stock intake.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:15 PM
Trust me, I know I wouldn't destroy everyone I see at a red right. I am looking to get a little more power from the intake side however little it may be. It would be nice to clean up the engine bay some. Replacing the inner fender doesn't sound like fun. Short ram intake it is.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:46 AM
I am going to be getting a 2.25" cat back system soon. Should the cat and resonator also be 2.25" in an out? I am going to also get a pacesetter header as well.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:42 PM
As a former owner of the 2200 motor ic an tell you what youre going to get. I had a pacesetter header, aem cold air intake, full magnaflow exhaust. 103 whp on the dyno. yeah thats it. dont expect much

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:22 PM
Not to bash the 2200 or anything but have you considered selling your car and getting a 2.2 ecotec or 2.4? Or even something a little more peppier than the cavalier from the factory?
just hate to see you put alot of money into the car just to get disappointed?
Its up to you though, maybe start with an intake, they are pretty cheap and easy to install, I got an ebay intake and bought a K&N filter(if you buy cheap ebay intake, only use the pipe, spend money and get a brand name K&N, AEM, etc filter) Should be less than $100 and make the engine louder....
Im not sure if a full exhaust(header back) is worth the money for the little bit of power you might get (I could be wrong though)
Is it a 5spd or auto? If its an auto, maybe look into B&M shift plus....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:29 AM
I want to do what I want to do with the car to make it mine, you know? I know I won't be getting a lot if any more horsepower from the 2200 once it is done. I don't care about the crap I get from my co-workers at Honda. The car will be fun for me. Sell the car? Never. It is sentimental to me.
Friday, January 25, 2013 2:08 PM
Get it tuned!

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Friday, January 25, 2013 5:20 PM
I have already changed out my spark plugs and changed the air filter. That was all done last year. I am just thinking that the short ram intake will help the 2200 breathe easier as well as a new exhaust ( which it is going to need soon anyways).
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:01 AM
Question about doing exhsusts. Could I do my exhaust in steps, say from cat-back forward or would it be wise to do the entire system from header back?

I won't be able to do the intake and exhaust together like I want to. I may just do the intake this year and do the exhaust next year. Thoughts?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:01 AM
Question about doing exhsusts. Could I do my exhaust in steps, say from cat-back forward or would it be wise to do the entire system from header back?

I won't be able to do the intake and exhaust together like I want to. I may just do the intake this year and do the exhaust next year. Thoughts?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search