steet cam - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
steet cam
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:27 AM
Hello all, I'm looking for a good street cam to put in my 2001 ln2. I don't have much knowledge on cams. All I know is what lift and duration mean. The numbers are what lose me. I'm looking for a good street cam that's gonna give a good lope at idle. I don't have any othe mods I would reall just like to have the sound. Thanks.

Re: steet cam
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:00 PM
hahaha

Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:28 AM
And its people like you that ruin this site.
Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:31 AM
No, its just funny when noob asks nooby question. Our cars (generally) dont lope after the motor is tuned. If all you want is the sound, look into a different exhaust system.

Have a nice day.
Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:48 PM
Put off the number 4 plug wire, the engine will lope pretty nice. lol
Friday, November 02, 2012 1:49 AM
Lope--on the street--is for engines with enough cylinders & compression to keep it idling at acceptable RPMs cruising-around... Not high-strung 4-cyls that are blue-printed & tuned in a way that makes them belong on a race-track.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, November 02, 2012 5:32 PM
well... my car lopes.... not so much like a v8... but it lopes... though my cams make my car a pain in the ass to drive on the street.

Friday, November 02, 2012 5:37 PM
racer10 wrote:Hello all, I'm looking for a good street cam to put in my 2001 ln2. I don't have much knowledge on cams. All I know is what lift and duration mean. The numbers are what lose me. I'm looking for a good street cam that's gonna give a good lope at idle. I don't have any othe mods I would reall just like to have the sound. Thanks.

You can have a cam regrind done for ~$150. Just search around and any place that does it should be able to come up with specs to fit what you want.

Saturday, November 03, 2012 9:09 AM
Basically the more lope the cam has the more it will get away from a street cam. Generally cams with that neat lope have a weak bottom end, which is why they are considered less streetable. You could get a cam regrind that has a somewhat aggressive sound but still good on the street but I don't think its going to be as lopey as your looking for.

As for the person above who said if you want lope get an exhaust...that has nothing to do with lope.

Saturday, November 03, 2012 12:50 PM
Zs Z wrote:

As for the person above who said if you want lope get an exhaust...that has nothing to do with lope.

If you will re read, I said if he wants a different SOUND to get an exhaust. I never said "if you want lope get an exhaust" Changing his cam just to get loping sound is just stupid but some exhaust work could be a more practical approach since he said he didnt have any other mods, he just wanted the sound.

Have a nice day.
Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:23 PM
Jordan wrote:
Zs Z wrote:

If you will re read, I said if he wants a different SOUND to get an exhaust. I never said "if you want lope get an exhaust" Changing his cam just to get loping sound is just stupid but some exhaust work could be a more practical approach since he said he didnt have any other mods, he just wanted the sound.

When he said "he just wanted the sound" I took it as he wanted the sound of lope. I was just explaining things further so that some newb does't read this and expect lope from exhaust, then make a useless thread about his car not loping. That's all I meant, you know there are newbs that would try it.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:03 AM
I'll this will be taken in consideration and of course I'm not stupid enough to think an exhaust is going to give me the sound of a lope lol. Does anyone have any specs for a good regrind or should I just talk with the people. And ill be sure to have it rehardend too.
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:53 PM
If you really do have the ability to perform such tasks as a cam R&R then I would suggest some, at least, minor upgrades to the factory intake and exhaust system. I have a huge lope on my ln2 but the peak power range is around 5200 RPMs. I wanted the sound lol. But its a dog on initial take off. Just talk to the person of whom you choose to do your regrind and explain to them what you want. They will be able to help you more than a set of numbers. You will prob have to send them your cam or one you have gotten out of a used motor (same year as yours) so they can get a proper stock cam profile.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search