2.2 ecotec injector help!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec injector help!!
Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:09 PM
I have an 04 cav with 2.2 eco. All thats aftermarket to the engine is kn cold air intake and it also has an exhaust. im lookin to put new injectors but I have NO IDEA about them. what is the best injector to use and how do I install it. please tell me everything I need, whether its spacers or anew fuel rail, but id like to keep my fuel rail.

Re: 2.2 ecotec injector help!!
Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:15 PM
You do not need injectors.....

When you do extensive N/A mods or start thinking of boost then worry about changing your injectors.
Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:21 PM
Quote:

You do not need injectors.....

When you do extensive N/A mods or start thinking of boost then worry about changing your injectors.

Wasn't it proven that the stock injectors on the L61 are maxed out from the factory, or very close? I think that its probably fine to run the car with basic bolt-ons without larger injectors but technically it should benefit from a larger injector since the factory ones arent sized to allow for any room to improve. (even if its larger injectors so that the IDC is less than 80% when wot)

Unless it was the LD9, but im 99.9% sure it was the L61.

To the op, I would pick a power goal first and then calculate what size injectors that goal requires. Not to mention you'll need a tune, and a wideband to tune with once you do change the injectors. If you're stopping with Intake and Exhaust I would stick with factory injectors.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:25 PM
My plan was to get a 2.4 eco intake mani with stage 2 cams. The cams were the reason I was lookin at injectorrs. Can you give me any ideas to fix it up?
Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:48 PM
Matt's answer is better then mine... lol

Yes they are almost maxed from factory and some 36/lb ones are a good step up. But for basic bolt ons such as the op mentioned they aren't needed.

To OP it sounded like you just wanted to swap injectors and call it a day.

Cheapest most effective way to make power along with being reliable is the Gm supercharger kit, or a kit pieced together off the cobalt/redlines.

To swap the 2.4 manifold and cams you will need to upgrade the injectors, and get a tune. If your going to swap cams you should be doing valvesprings as well.
Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:01 PM
Yes it was "proven" that there isnt much room on stock injectors for the L61. Any "big" N/A mods like a LE5 intake or cams should be accompanied by larger injectors. Stock LSJ injectors(Supercharged Cobalt SS/Ion Redline) will be fine if you really dont go crazy and can be had for cheap. The only issue with LSJ injectors is that they are shorter then stock, but Jason Norwood(i believe) sells taller injector seats specifically for them. Just remember that you cannot used the injectors without reprogramming the ECU for them. Oldskool(on here) is a popular tuner than myself and alot of other members use and he is in Southeast PA.

Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:21 PM
I knew I needed a tune but I had no idea where. Valve springd was also something I was also somethin I was lookin at, but what injectors are the best for my situation? Cobalt ss?
Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:49 PM
I have a set of 36 lb gtp injectors id let go cheap, I do not know what it takes to get them to fit, on my ln2 they fit right in lol

Pm if you're interested. I'll give a good price.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:06 PM
Thanks man ill do my research. Any other ideas for mods?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search