2200 Cam and P&P - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Cam and P&P
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:17 PM

Yes that is a #1 rod knocking when it is revved up... I know.
and yes, the input shaft bearing on the transmission is rattling around at idle. I know.

I had a custom ground cam from Comp Cams, and I did all of the port and polishing myself with a Harbor Freight Tools dremel tool I had to warranty out like 5 times. There is no tune on the computer. Only thing else is 2 inch exhaust, eBay header that I have had to re-weld back together I don't know how many times, and a plastic pipe cold air intake pieced together from the local auto pats store. All I was hoping for was 120whp and I managed to get 132whp. I know it doesn't sound like much but I was actually amazed I had gained that much power for a homemade job. What do you guys think?

Re: 2200 Cam and P&P
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:29 AM
That idle sounds bad ass! Almost reminds me of a harley. What are the cam specs?

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:02 PM
Im interested in the cam specs too.

What about the valvetrain? Any upgrades there?

Did you take pics of the port work?

I did my own head on my 2200 and with the cam it helped immensely, but mine is a boosted application. It has a nice idle, but yours is fn awesome. (I agree that the harbor freight dremel tool is a piece of @!#$ LOL)

132whp without a tune is actually pretty admirable in my book. I bet you could get close to (if not over) 140 with a tune. Now you just need to fix that pesky knock!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:00 PM
Awesome gives me hope
Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:52 PM
That sounds wicked!! I have a LN2 as well, cam specs?

Monday, November 12, 2012 4:26 PM
I know ya'll are dying to have the cam specs but I have lost them in my last move. I did not upgrade the valvetrain, I only installed new springs and lapped the valve seats, and polished the valve heads with a fine grit sand paper and a drill. I just pulled the engine back out to go back trough it and the exhaust valves were very white even all the way up the stems. I apparently was running a bit lean due to the overlap of the cam pushing out raw fuel through the exhaust.. Looks like I will need a tune for sure with this cam. The port and polish was done pretty good but I couldn't reach about an inch in the middle of the head. (crappy short dremel tool). I'll see if I have some pics to post up later but I gotta go. Thanks for all of the comments.

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:49 PM
I found my Comp Cam specs sheet!!! WOOHOO

I thought my lift was a little closer to .460 or .470 at the valve but oh well it still sounds bad ass!

Monday, December 10, 2012 7:24 PM
Awesome, Thanks!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search