Airaid Throttle Body Spacer - Page 2 - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Airaid Throttle Body Spacer
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:38 PM
it makes a good paper weight

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:25 PM
Your a moron,I'm saying it does'nt do anything a ricer would be like ya gives 20hp,And why would I show you or anyone under my hood all it has is bolt on right now while spare engine is being built

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:46 PM
Peter Craig wrote:Your a moron,I'm saying it does'nt do anything a ricer would be like ya gives 20hp,And why would I show you or anyone under my hood all it has is bolt on right now while spare engine is being built

So why the @!#$ do you have it then? What is the point? So let me get this straight, you have it there because it doesn't do anything? And that is okay? Sounds like a dumbass move to me. Don't worry though, it goes nicely with your body kit.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:02 PM
why dont you both shut up and let this thread die?

Thursday, February 28, 2008 7:27 PM
because I'm to lazy to take it off LoL

Friday, February 29, 2008 4:27 PM
Peter Craig wrote:because I'm to lazy to take it off LoL

and the truth comes out

Saturday, March 01, 2008 4:32 AM
lol I work 6 days a week starting to have no life besides work lmao,but thats being a chefs apprentice for ya

Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:06 PM
Quote:

Or alky injection jet!

Hmm I wonder what that would do to a stock motor?

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:31 PM
bmxludwig wrote:
Peter Craig wrote:Your a moron,I'm saying it does'nt do anything a ricer would be like ya gives 20hp,And why would I show you or anyone under my hood all it has is bolt on right now while spare engine is being built

So why the @!#$ do you have it then? What is the point? So let me get this straight, you have it there because it doesn't do anything? And that is okay? Sounds like a dumbass move to me. Don't worry though, it goes nicely with your body kit.

So sad...one of the many reasons I dont frequent JBO anymore. Too many people who just show up in threads to flame and provide no useful information. Really man, grow up. The guy tried a part, It didnt do anything, he learned something from it. Yet still you feel the need to show up and go off on him. Then when he plainly admits its no good, you attack his body kit. Another F-in ethug. Does it make you feel better about yourself to rip on others? is your self esteem so low? You are exactly what the Jbody community doesnt need...someone who makes it an unfriendly place and causes people to not want to have anything to do with it. The J body is a dying breed and anyone who takes pride in thiers and wants to work to make it better should be welcomed and treated decently.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:14 AM
Quote:

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:30 AM
bmxludwig

Ditch the TB spacer just for the fact it is a ricer mod.

and people wonder why this place is goin to sh......

ricer mod? since when?

granted it doesnt do really much anything on j-bodies, and various other cars, TB spacers DO have their uses in V-8 Carbed setups...

also in some sport compact setups where the intake manifold has more linear runners, aka "not many twists or turns, it can prove to be slightly beneficial, but you need high powered numbers to gain anything. naturally the more power, the higher the gains will be, granted its still only a small percentage of gain.

but calling it a "ricer" mod is kinda a "dumbass move" as you put it..... last i checked 8 cylinders kicking out 500-700hp isnt all that "ricer"..... learn your history of mods and parts, dont talk out your arse....

i think Ronin J covered the rest quite accurately.

also, what i really wanna know is, who points at someones mod when they open their hood, and laughs in their face. i could see two things that usually naturally would occur.

1st being a punch to the nose or kick to the nuts then we all laugh at the fallen....

or

2) everyone would just look at you like you are the idiot. nelson munz from the simpsons could get away with it mainly cause he's a cartoon.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:30 AM

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:47 AM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:
Quote:

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:30 AM
bmxludwig

Ditch the TB spacer just for the fact it is a ricer mod.

and people wonder why this place is goin to sh......

ricer mod? since when?

granted it doesnt do really much anything on j-bodies, and various other cars, TB spacers DO have their uses in V-8 Carbed setups...

also in some sport compact setups where the intake manifold has more linear runners, aka "not many twists or turns, it can prove to be slightly beneficial, but you need high powered numbers to gain anything. naturally the more power, the higher the gains will be, granted its still only a small percentage of gain.

but calling it a "ricer" mod is kinda a "dumbass move" as you put it..... last i checked 8 cylinders kicking out 500-700hp isnt all that "ricer"..... learn your history of mods and parts, dont talk out your arse....

i think Ronin J covered the rest quite accurately.

also, what i really wanna know is, who points at someones mod when they open their hood, and laughs in their face. i could see two things that usually naturally would occur.

1st being a punch to the nose or kick to the nuts then we all laugh at the fallen....

or

2) everyone would just look at you like you are the idiot. nelson munz from the simpsons could get away with it mainly cause he's a cartoon.

RICER MOD = part you think adds hp but really doesn't, but you tell people its a "mod" you have on your car.

I am sorry but if you are defending the little tb spacer I am going to laugh at you all day long. Unless it is used as some kind of n2o or alky injection point it is absolutely pointless and hularious if somebody catches you with on installed on a jbody. unless you have one of these 700hp v8's you speak of in your jbody your little analogy is freaking stupid. Have a nice day and feel free to dyno your tb spacer anytime.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:34 AM
and exactly why are you in a j-body forum any way??? all i can gather from your profile is that you drive a bmw not a j-body(maybe you did, idk), so your thoughts and answers to this post or any other post on this website regarding our cars are useless.

hondas are like tampons.....every pu$$y needs one...
mildly built 99' ln2, eagle h-beam rods, wiseco forged alum. pistons, cusco oil catch, t3/t4 super 60 garret, tial 40 mm wastegate, hp tuners, prothane mount inserts, 2.5" exhaust.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:49 AM
Yeah, please take your comments to a BMW site....we don't need them here.

I am not defending the TB spacer as a legit power add on for the J-body, but I am defending the people asking about them. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Of course when it comes to this topic the real question is why wasn't the search used...but that is beside the point.

Basically a legit question was asked....Do these work, and how hard are they to put on.

The answer is they are easy to install, but dont do anything. No need to flame people who have them...they are just trying to keep others from making the same mistake.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:05 AM
bmxludwig wrote:
RICER MOD = part you think adds hp but really doesn't, but you tell people its a "mod" you have on your car.

so if someone was new to a car, added parts seen in a store FAR before they join a site like JBO, and its on their car...... but then one lists it in their mod list when they join lets say a YEAR LATER AFTER INSTALL OF MOD. and that makes them a ricer? or simply telling others its a mod? common sense would say anything you add thats not stock is a mod. whether it works or doesnt work, its still a modification. i take it your definitions and actions in your posts are purely to soothe your ego, right?

Quote:

I am sorry but if you are defending the little tb spacer I am going to laugh at you all day long.

you can laugh all you want really, until your a-hole falls out. i'll still just look at you as the ignorant idiot you portray on the forums...and prob real life. the point i am making is that the part in question has its place in the automotive world. as i already pointed out its not really beneficial on a j-body, but many vehicles, MAINLY AMERICAN and quite a few sport compacts benefit from em. if you can't grasp that concept then you are still just a dumbass.

Quote:

Unless it is used as some kind of n2o or alky injection point it is absolutely pointless and hularious if somebody catches you with on installed on a jbody. unless you have one of these 700hp v8's you speak of in your jbody your little analogy is freaking stupid. Have a nice day and feel free to dyno your tb spacer anytime.

maybe in your view, however in using common sense, which really isnt all too common these days, take for example your posts...... if someone simply installed it cause they heard it wouldnt work, and just wanted to see or dyno it for themselves. then whats the problem?

contrary to idiots belief, many people like to try things to form their own views and opinions from it. kinda like the jet module. it really doesnt do anything. back in the day i tried it when these forums had just started. rksport forum was the only running forum really. not many had experience with it over there. so i tried it. didnt do much, so the next time i did an under engine mod, i removed it and threw it in the dumpster. simple, but i can say i tried and do have experience with it. we can tell people it wont work, i still show people the dynos it doesnt work. it doesnt work on my dodge charger either....still people dont listen and try it themselves. some do listen, but still try it. its not your money, so no harm done.

i would expect you to say "your little analogy is stupid".... you didnt use any brain function to figure out the message: "TB spacer has its place in the automotive world, just not really effective for a cavalier".....you basically just wrote off TB spacers AS A WHOLE....as pointless. whereas they do have their place depending on the car, the setup, or simply just the engine.

i personally dont have a TB spacer, but the last thing i dynoed was my Charger.... havent driven the cavalier in about half a year now..... but thanks for your suggestions of what i can or can't do....

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:17 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:
so if someone was new to a car, added parts seen in a store FAR before they join a site like JBO, and its on their car...... but then one lists it in their mod list when they join lets say a YEAR LATER AFTER INSTALL OF MOD. and that makes them a ricer? or simply telling others its a mod? common sense would say anything you add thats not stock is a mod. whether it works or doesnt work, its still a modification. i take it your definitions and actions in your posts are purely to soothe your ego, right?

You don't find it comical when people list their tb spacer mod right next to the turbonator mod right next to the led valvestem caps?

My poor poor ego too. It needs all of this soothing. The only way it is ever happy is when I tell people not to buy bs mods.....

Quote:

you can laugh all you want really, until your a-hole falls out. i'll still just look at you as the ignorant idiot you portray on the forums...and prob real life. the point i am making is that the part in question has its place in the automotive world. as i already pointed out its not really beneficial on a j-body, but many vehicles, MAINLY AMERICAN and quite a few sport compacts benefit from em. if you can't grasp that concept then you are still just a dumbass.

Yep the ignorant idiot.... The dumbass trying to save people the hassle and expense of buying a @!#$ mod that doesn't do anything...

Quote:

still people dont listen and try it themselves. some do listen, but still try it. its not your money, so no harm done.

Who sounds like the jackass now? Let the people buy it, who gives a sh1t? I mean seriously its not my money....

Quote:

i would expect you to say "your little analogy is stupid".... you didnt use any brain function to figure out the message: "TB spacer has its place in the automotive world, just not really effective for a cavalier".....you basically just wrote off TB spacers AS A WHOLE....as pointless. whereas they do have their place depending on the car, the setup, or simply just the engine.

Sorry I didn't mention every other make of car in the world that uses a tb spacer, I guess I should have when saying tb spacers don't work... or wait, isn't this a forum for jbodies? Wouldn't it make sense to say they don't work without actually saying they don't work on an ld9 eco or whatever? It would seem kind of pointless wouldn't it?

Please stop looking at the BMW guy as the jackass. I would dare to say I know more about your car then you do. Just because I am hating on ricer mods doesn't mean you have to hate on me. Like I said before, you can run your turbonator tornado tb spacer intake and I will still laugh at you.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:23 PM
_oHv_FrEaK_ wrote:and exactly why are you in a j-body forum any way??? all i can gather from your profile is that you drive a bmw not a j-body(maybe you did, idk), so your thoughts and answers to this post or any other post on this website regarding our cars are useless.

Yep useless. I have never had anything to do with a jbody ever. Nope not me. You must know more about cavaliers than I do, I mean seriously, I drive a BMW.

John Benham wrote:
Of course when it comes to this topic the real question is why wasn't the search used...but that is beside the point.

No, that is the point.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:26 PM
bmxludwig wrote:Please stop looking at the BMW guy as the jackass. I would dare to say I know more about your car then you do. Just because I am hating on ricer mods doesn't mean you have to hate on me. Like I said before, you can run your turbonator tornado tb spacer intake and I will still laugh at you.

I highly doubt that statement, especially from the people currently flaming you....
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:31 PM
John Benham wrote:I highly doubt that statement, especially from the people currently flaming you....

Only on jbody will people defend the throttle body spacer (a mod that doesn't work, just to say it again) with such passion......

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:41 PM
John Benham wrote:
I am not defending the TB spacer as a legit power add on for the J-body, but I am defending the people asking about them. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Basically a legit question was asked....Do these work, and how hard are they to put on.

The answer is they are easy to install, but dont do anything. No need to flame people who have them...they are just trying to keep others from making the same mistake.

I think you may want to revise that statement. I am defending the whole purpose of this site is to share information about our cars, and here someone had come up with a legit question (although it is asked on a weekly basis). Instead of giving a legit answer, you just make fun of everyone who has even thought of it.

I do defend peoples ability to mod thier car with whatever they want, and the people who choose to come to this site to find information and opinions deserve more than just getting flamed.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:58 PM
John Benham wrote:
John Benham wrote:

I think you may want to revise that statement. I am defending the whole purpose of this site is to share information about our cars, and here someone had come up with a legit question (although it is asked on a weekly basis). Instead of giving a legit answer, you just make fun of everyone who has even thought of it.

I do defend peoples ability to mod thier car with whatever they want, and the people who choose to come to this site to find information and opinions deserve more than just getting flamed.

Do you take no pride in not being a retard? This is a stupid question that DOES NOT NEED TO BE ASKED. IT HAS BEEN COVERED HUNDREDS OF TIMES. There is no reason to be nice to people who are too lame to use the search button for such a lame question. I see that you are very knowledgeable about car's in general. I am simply saying what you are thinking. These people do deserve to get flamed, if they can't be courteous enough to search before they post then they deserve to get flamed.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:33 PM
bmxludwig wrote:
You don't find it comical when people list their tb spacer mod right next to the turbonator mod right next to the led valvestem caps?

nope. if thats what they want on their car, i pretty much can respect that. granted i may not want or like it on mine, their ride, their money, their choice. laughing at their choice or mods would be like not liking your best friends girlfriend, and making fun of her and him for their choice of dating.

Quote:

Yep the ignorant idiot.... The dumbass trying to save people the hassle and expense of buying a @!#$ mod that doesn't do anything...

Peter Craig in this post page 1 ALREADY had said mod installed. how is you ridiculing HIS PRIOR CHOICES going to save him money now? yes thats being an idiot for ridiculing him and you ARE being ignorant to the fact that he had the mod already installed.

trust me, i've already covered this topic in the FAQ above in the sticky section. many posts have already covered this topic as well. people dont look for the posts, and some are too dumb and or ignorant to read the sticky posts. its cool to help out, but peter craig, like said already had the mod installed.

you arent saving him ANY money with an already installed and paid for part. and if it does nothing, yet doesnt harm anything.....removing it isnt gonna make a difference.

Quote:

Who sounds like the jackass now? Let the people buy it, who gives a sh1t? I mean seriously its not my money....

you still sound like a jackass to me. lets think about this.... you are telling people NO DONT USE IT, CAUSE I SAID SO. you dont offer an reasons, testing, or any SCIENTIFIC DATA from dynos or otherwise as to why NOT to use it. how often on ONLINE FORUMS is there some jackass saying this and that and its either ALL HEARSAY or just made up info.

you might have the right notion and idea of persuading others from not using it, but you havent really posted anything that backs up your claims. if you want to educate people, you have to show them. else most will look at your random posts getting pissed off and acting like a child telling people "i will laugh at you all day for doing this".... and pretty much do the exact opposite of what you say DONT DO.

in a nutshell, its like you are training a dog to stay, but beating him with a lead pipe as reinforcement. good idea, bad execution.

Quote:

Sorry I didn't mention every other make of car in the world that uses a tb spacer, I guess I should have when saying tb spacers don't work... or wait, isn't this a forum for jbodies? Wouldn't it make sense to say they don't work without actually saying they don't work on an ld9 eco or whatever? It would seem kind of pointless wouldn't it?

its a forum for j-bodies, yet you are in here with the BMW signature. you don't or havent posted any facts or testing of said part, regardless of a j-body forum or not.

in your official intake thread post you also mentioned and i quote:

Quote:

The engine can only "suck in" as much air as it physically can. This physical limit is easily overcome by your run of the mill intake. No need for fancy rams, tubes, venturi effects, intake pulse resonance, canadian whisky, or lettuce injectors.

intake pulse resonance? WTF....its called Helmholtz resonance and yes its ACTUALLY useful on any size engined car,

Venturi Effect, just as useful on j-bodies.

two very major important parts of making an intake and you made a post saying there is "no need"...... from that alone, anything you post i would seriously question it.

not to mention your whole "official intake" post was pretty much what i had already covered in the PERFORMANCE FAQ at the top of the page...http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=215434&t=215434. and yes it covers TB spacers, intakes, exhausts and a few more things.... gave details and didnt just say "no, dont do this"....

the difference between your post and mine, is i did mine almost 5 years ago and went more indepth with things. you did yours a few months ago and at best is a cliff's notes version of what i wrote 5 years ago.

Quote:

Please stop looking at the BMW guy as the jackass. I would dare to say I know more about your car then you do. Just because I am hating on ricer mods doesn't mean you have to hate on me. Like I said before, you can run your turbonator tornado tb spacer intake and I will still laugh at you.

i highly doubt you know more than me, with my car.

5 years of autoX, testing parts for quite a few companies on here, including RK SPORT and Howell Automotive, getting engine internals custom made to be on file for others via crane cams, arias pistons, and a few other companies. testing for various suspension parts... but i guess being here since this place started and accomplishing as much as i have over the past near decade.... you must know more about MY CAR than me, right?

you honestly sound like the idiots that would always tell me whats best for my cavalier brakes at pep boys when i SPECIFICALLY told em what i wanted, yet after 5 minutes of listening to their BS they didnt know that one could fit corvette brakes, rotors, and calipers on a cavalier. but they always knew more about my car then I did as well.

for the record, most people in this post arent hating on you cause of that, they are calling you on your BS, mainly because your hating is being done on a guy who had a mod far before you even knew about him having it....and you NOW sit here trying to act like you are magically gonna save him money.....

yes thats an idiotic concept.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:37 PM
bmxludwig wrote:
Do you take no pride in not being a retard? This is a stupid question that DOES NOT NEED TO BE ASKED. IT HAS BEEN COVERED HUNDREDS OF TIMES. There is no reason to be nice to people who are too lame to use the search button for such a lame question. I see that you are very knowledgeable about car's in general. I am simply saying what you are thinking. These people do deserve to get flamed, if they can't be courteous enough to search before they post then they deserve to get flamed.

WOW!!! sum biscuit!!!

since i already covered INTAKES, TB SPACERS, and other stuff in the PERFORMANCE FAQ at the top of the page....then what was your reason for NOT using the search button, NOT realizing the stuff you just made a post about had already been covered.

see this proves that you are no better than those you dont see a reaason to be nice to...

i guess by your OWN RULES:

Quote:

These people do deserve to get flamed, if they can't be courteous enough to search before they post then they deserve to get flamed

you pretty much owned yourself there, simply by posting.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:45 PM
^^OUCH!! Now THAT is a properly executed and well deserved flame!!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:36 PM
Funky Bottoms is somethin of a genious..

Hah and nice attempt bmxludwig..

TEX-A.S. JBoii
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search