getrag swap in 99 z24 now engine light and high idle - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getrag swap in 99 z24 now engine light and high idle
Monday, December 17, 2012 3:03 PM
Hey jbo
About 2 months ago i did the getrag swap.. it previously was a 5 speed before that but the differential was broke. Anyhow I get the car back together and it has a check engine light but there isnt any code readers that will pick it up, im starting to believe that the ecu could be fried? The car idles at 1200 rpm. when it used to idle under under 1000rpm. With all this being said when I did the swap i noticed the thicker red wire and purple wire on main harness were cut and repaird at some point and time. Its frustrating because the car always runs good and never had engine light issues and passes emissions no problems.
anybody else have this issue before? What fixed it?

Re: getrag swap in 99 z24 now engine light and high idle
Monday, December 17, 2012 3:07 PM
You say no code reader will read it. What exactly are they doing when connected to the car? Maybe the fuse is blown not allowing the code reader to connect to the car?

FU Tuning

Monday, December 17, 2012 4:54 PM
The obd2 powers up the code reader fine but when i scan it comes back as error. It is getting power but maybe theres something other then that it needs. Its wierd because the car runs and drives fine
Monday, December 17, 2012 9:02 PM
Jerry H wrote:The obd2 powers up the code reader fine but when i scan it comes back as error. It is getting power but maybe theres something other then that it needs. Its wierd because the car runs and drives fine

Can you try another code reader?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:42 AM
I used a few different ones both advance and autozones and thenmy personal one
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:14 AM
Have you used a tool that will read live data? And will it see anything at all, if that's the case?

I'm gonna take a stab at it being a bad PCM if it's got an engine light on and you can't read codes.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:09 PM
Yes my personal one does but other two didnt
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:54 PM
Well the vss went bad. No speedometer maybe that would cause a higher idle if it didnt know if car was in motion or not?
Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:00 PM
Well i found the problem it had a faulty vss and if must of thrown some unreadable codes. Replaced it vehicle idles perfectly and no mystery code. Thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search