Header and cams - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header and cams
Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:55 PM
I was going to buy a Pacesetter header and stage 1 cams from importperformanceparts for my 00 2.4 but i was wondering if the header would actually be a good investment or a waste of $175?

Has anyone used cams or bought from importperformance?
I dont want to see "go do the secret cam swap" or anything else about secret cams. I dont want to do the secret cam swap.
They said i wouldent need upgraded springs or valves to use their stage 1s.

Re: Header and cams
Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:39 PM
the 2.4 quad engine has "stage anything" cams? news to me...

I'd get the pacesetter header (though that price seems a bit high)... i'd research the cams a bit more... A lot of us run "Secret" Cams (95 Intake, HO exhaust), or HO cams (with a tune), or crane / comp / etc bigger than HO cams (with a tune)

Friday, December 28, 2012 7:37 PM
Where would you get a Pacesetter for any cheaper with free shipping? Thats the best price A&A could give me. And I just realized ImportPerformace's cams are for the 2.2 lol. My mistake. But I've heard it said that Secret Cams aren't worth the trouble. Also, nobody seems to want to give me any idea of how much performance I'll gain from them, which is why i was going to have them custom ground.
Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:51 AM
You can buy my used header (assuming it wasnt damaged in the crash) (it shouldnt be)

Have a nice day.
Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:54 AM
How much would you want for it?
Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:44 AM
Chris.
Let us try to price match beat... PM us with links and prices and let us try to help you out

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:42 PM
Chris Fronczak wrote:How much would you want for it?

Not sure, 75 bucks + shipping maybe? tell me what you can do or what you think is fair. i'll try to get it pulled out this week.. car is sitting in a snow bank at the moment, or what was a snow bank.. it all melted friday so its probably an ice block now.

Have a nice day.
Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:25 PM
That's a pretty amazing price.
All my snow just started melting yesterday with the rain.
How is it to put in? I looked around when I had my car on the pit and it looks pretty easy to push it up from the bottom and tighten the bolts from the top. Then again, you can never assume things just by looks lol
Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:10 PM
Yeah it goes in from the top actually, its a tight fit but its good once its in there.. and it takes a good 1/4 drive ratchet set with swivels/u joint to get the angles on the nuts around the tubes. The biggest pain is putting the damn downpipe on cause you gotta try to hold the pipe up with the collar and the bolt and put the nut on lol... i can probably have it out this weekend.. its hard during the week with no time or sunlight after 6.

Have a nice day.
Monday, January 14, 2013 7:53 AM
Sounds like a fun job. I remember doing the one on my 2.2 a while back when i first started trying to do my own work. I thought I was just going to pull it up from the bottom without any problems,, but the car had other plans lol
Take your time pulling it. I'm in no rush to get it on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search