Interest in billet fuel rail? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interest in billet fuel rail?
Monday, January 14, 2013 4:38 PM
Hello everyone,

Anyone interested in a nice looking fuel rail for the ecotec? This is the product that was made for my personal vehicle this month, primary gain would be for looks and running braided lines and an fittings. Stock ecotec fuel rail is huge also. Please let me know if there is any interest. Decided to make it after I noticed no one makes a aftermarket rail.

Re: Interest in billet fuel rail?
Monday, January 14, 2013 4:41 PM
Sorry trying to post pictures from a new iPad, will post pics tomorrow from computer

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:12 PM
Hmmm. Cost?
Monday, January 14, 2013 6:19 PM
Mike, I can send pics if interested, 200 shipped in the us, mounts are the expensive part, a lot of angles.

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:28 PM
Lets see some pics....
Monday, January 14, 2013 8:17 PM
jason norwood wrote:Mike, I can send pics if interested, 200 shipped in the us, mounts are the expensive part, a lot of angles.

I will await pictures and what not. Would it just be a bare rail as far as fittings and tapping?
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:01 AM
It better include all that..

The stock to make a rail is about $15-20
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:53 AM
I'm looking into mounting a pressure gauge on the rail so this couldn't have come at a better time. 200 does feel a little steep for me though. I may just take the extra I have to a machine shop and have it tapped. With this design would there be an option to run stock lines or would you have to run something aftermarket?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:10 AM
When I designed one for the eco....I couldn't even get 5 people at $175...

Good luck bud.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:28 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:When I designed one for the eco....I couldn't even get 5 people at $175...

Good luck bud.

which sucked but i ended up just welding 10 AN fitting onto mine

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:10 AM
Millerbilt, may be an extra discount for you, sorry about that ATI again. Also there is some detail in the mounting part of the rail. I will try to get better pictures of that side tonight, again this is all time not really the cost of the rail stock and whatnot.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:20 AM
mmmm it does look sexy. As you know since you guys sell the injector cups too, you could probably get some more interest if you made a verson that sat at the lower '02 style height. That would ressolve a big bottle neck for guys looking to run bigger EV1 style injectors(which are floating around everywhere) as well as give them the advantages of aftermarket lines and a cleaner look.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:25 AM
Yellow,

Thanks, however there is no way to do that, we tried, the rail sits lower you cannot plug the injectors in.

Did think of that

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:39 AM
yeah cause right now the 10AN fitting on the pass side hits the upper coolant passage what i might do i is flip it 180 degrees and weld new mounting tabs if i can't get this to work then ill def consider yours and if i cant fix my injector issues by doing it this way i may need some injector cups too

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:52 AM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:yeah cause right now the 10AN fitting on the pass side hits the upper coolant passage what i might do i is flip it 180 degrees and weld new mounting tabs if i can't get this to work then ill def consider yours and if i cant fix my injector issues by doing it this way i may need some injector cups too

Here you can very easily see what we did for mine.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:48 PM
Built,

Looks decent, just no my taste, also I imagine it took longer to try to polish with the imperfections in the stock rail, only took me 5 minutes to polish the rail to a mirror finish, yours looks nice, but I wanted something different that did not look like the stock rail, because people see that attention to detail with making parts that are not available. To each their own.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:12 PM
The only thing I don't like about yours Vince is that the feed and return are on the same end I know that's how they come stock but I don't like that mine has a 10 an where the fpr was before and a 10 an on the pAssenger side capped the sock feed off by welding it ill get some pics tomorrow of it I'm at work now

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:21 PM
jason norwood wrote:Built,

Looks decent, just no my taste, also I imagine it took longer to try to polish with the imperfections in the stock rail, only took me 5 minutes to polish the rail to a mirror finish, yours looks nice, but I wanted something different that did not look like the stock rail, because people see that attention to detail with making parts that are not available. To each their own.

but it also didnt cost $200.

I dont think this one looks much like the stock rail at all anymore. casting all smoothed off. The bump sanded off, ends cut off and bung welded for AN. Toss it on a belt sander for 10-15 minutes and its smooth. Mine is black not because it looks bad... quite the opposite. I just highlighted other parts of the bay more. It doesnt simply look like a piece of pipe...

Miller, Id assume that not liking the feed and return on the same end is more of an appearance thing? I know my fuel pump is flowing more than enough to support the rail full of fuel.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:51 PM
Yeah and I am not a engineer but I would think the fluid dynamics would be different if both feed/return on one side just want to know 100% that all injectors get the same flow and pressure

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:22 PM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:Yeah and I am not a engineer but I would think the fluid dynamics would be different if both feed/return on one side just want to know 100% that all injectors get the same flow and pressure

based upon what my fuel pump flows, and what my injectors flow... wont EVER be an issue. but I can see that being a valid concern. Gotta remember though.... only way fuel gets pumped back is if there is too much in the rail. There is no scavenge pump to suck it out of the rail. Just food for thought.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:50 PM
Very true but I just figured better to be safe this way and with the power I hope to put down I don't want any fueling issues

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:51 PM
A rare occasion but I agree with this^.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:31 PM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:Very true but I just figured better to be safe this way and with the power I hope to put down I don't want any fueling issues

totally understandable. I forget what pump you are running again? Also, you could tap both ends of the pump. weld the top port shut and smooth it over so it looks like a smooth even tube with your AN fittings on each end.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:04 PM
Dammit. I got ninja posted on.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:27 PM
Running Weldon 1100 pump with 10an feed to rail 10an from rail to Weldon regulator 8an return to fuel cell

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search