Schrader Valve Accuracy? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Schrader Valve Accuracy?
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:20 AM
Recently purchased an aeromotive fpr and have succumb to the need for a fuel pressure gauge. Nothing fancy, just a simple mechanical gauge mounted under the hood. All my research says that for the eco, everyone uses the schrader valve on the fuel line. Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like this is going to give me accurate readings of whats going on in the fuel rail (which is all I'm really interested in anyway). Would it be better to drill and tap somewhere on the rail or buy the rail Jason is selling or am I ok going the schrader valve route? Has anyone done it and/or have pictures of it?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: Schrader Valve Accuracy?
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:33 AM
Why wouldn't it give you an accurate reading? The valve is there to read the fuel pressure at the rail...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:10 AM
I didn't actually look, is the valve on the feed line or the return line? Because if it's on the feed then won't it just give me fuel pump pressure rather than rail pressure after the regulator? Sorry man I've never dealt with upgrading EFI systems before.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:41 AM
just so you know the aero one has provisions for a fuel pressure gauge man

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:45 AM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:just so you know the aero one has provisions for a fuel pressure gauge man

Thanks man. I read that it doesn't fit under the hood though. In case that's actually true I'm just researching other options.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:47 AM
i included a 90 degree elbow so you can

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:52 AM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:i included a 90 degree elbow so you can

That is all.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:52 AM
If you look in my build thread I have a fuel pressure gauge off the valve. It works but doesn't help if you need fuel pressures while driving
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:00 AM
Yeah that's the downside. The biggest concern for me is just getting it calibrated correctly. I don't want to be idling at 80 PSI or some @#!% so I figure if I can dial it in at idle to ~50 or so and hook up the boost reference I should be good to go for some solid live tuning later in the day.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:12 AM
I have a lt1 aermotive fr sale and a 90 degree if you would like to buy it. Please pm me if interested, you would have to come up with a guage that is 1/8th npt though.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:14 AM
jason norwood wrote:I have a lt1 aermotive fr sale and a 90 degree if you would like to buy it. Please pm me if interested, you would have to come up with a guage that is 1/8th npt though.

I actually just bought one 2 days ago from Chris. But thanks for the help bro I appreciate it.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:41 AM
actually bout to leave for work and ship it out i forgot it at the house yesterday so i apologize man ill get tracking to you in a lil bit

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:51 AM
No worries man I'm in no hurry. Only going to install it sometime in the spring when its warm enough for some fun.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:58 PM
no worries.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search