horsepower - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
horsepower
Sunday, February 03, 2013 5:45 AM
I have a 98 Cavalier that runs on a local short track, we race against Neons, since there is no motor modifications ........ I need more horsepower - I need suggestions????????

Re: horsepower
Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:33 AM
more horsepower with no modifications.... get a different car with more horsepower?

Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:46 AM
It would help to know what motor your running

Have a nice day.
Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:41 AM
Only allowed to run 2.2 no ecotechs or dohc motors....
Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:03 AM
Yeah your pretty limited with an ohv motor unless you want to build it from the ground up.

Have a nice day.
Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:11 PM
hp tuners seems like your only choice.

or get another car with more power

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 04, 2013 12:47 PM
The problem against the Neon's is even though they are lacking (some) in hp in a side by side with cavi, they are geared much lower for their take off which is just enough to hold the cavi off until the 1/4 comes. As far as no mods, I'm thinking that means literally as if you bought it off the lot, am I correct or no? Other than that practice the high risk high reward shifting style call F&L. lol ya Fast&Loose(Father taught it to me before that supra comeback movie) cause if you think of second guessing yourself, you'll blow or grind something. When I'm in a moment, my gas pedal doesn't leave the floor till I'm done, it takes time and clutches at first but....that half second was worth the practice.
F&L outcome 1: fast and loose win
F&L outcome 2: fast but now loose clutch-win/lose 50/50
F&L outcome 3:f-k my life-99% lose cause you blew something
Good luck beat those neons.

Z doesn't mean last, it just lapped A.
Monday, February 04, 2013 5:17 PM
Put on an older head (results in HIGH compression) and run race gas

There are also 'undetectable' engine mods (like decking the block/head) that can be done.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, February 04, 2013 9:14 PM
yes.. generally here as long as it looks factory on the outside they won't have anything to say that you are cheating in any way, its more about where your morals are. doing some work with the internals of the block and custom grind cam/ SBC rockers, port/polish/deck the head, port the exhaust (if you even can?) remove any intake baffles/restrictions and tune your car with HPTuners to get maximum horsepower with a "factory" looking motor

Have a nice day.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search