rocker arms on 2.2 ohv - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rocker arms on 2.2 ohv
Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:19 PM
Hi just wondering on rocker arms on a 2.2 ohv I do beleive the ratio is 1.5 to 1 and was wondering if 1.6 to 1 are available and if anybody has tried them with success thanks Roy

Re: rocker arms on 2.2 ohv
Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:35 PM
Hi Roy,

here's some of what you'll find if you do a search for "2.2 rocker arms"

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=420858&t=348365&p=1

No big deal for me but sometimes folks get a bit irritated when the info is readily available by using the search function.

Dennis
Friday, January 25, 2013 8:30 AM
Yeah, MadJack's thread has everything you need to know.

The Comp Cams Magnum aren't worth it, the Crane's are a long-time favorite, the ProForm are decent bang-for-the-buck.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:43 AM
OHV notec wrote:Yeah, MadJack's thread has everything you need to know.

The Comp Cams Magnum aren't worth it, the Crane's are a long-time favorite, the ProForm are decent bang-for-the-buck.

is there any detail you can share about the Comp Cam Magnums?

dennis
Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:40 PM
Thanks for the info kinda new to forums I,ll try the search next time
Monday, January 28, 2013 7:06 AM
MasterFlight wrote:is there any detail you can share about the Comp Cam Magnums?
I had the Magnums; they seem to add more noise than power. Because they still have a ball fulcrum, their only gain is in the increased ratio. The Crane/ProForm/Jegs, on the other hand, have a ball-bearing fulcrum and significantly reduce friction.

The 98+ engines already have nice rockers, so any upgrade is really only worth it on 97-.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, January 28, 2013 8:21 AM
OK, thanks
dennis
Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:40 PM
OHV notec wrote:
MasterFlight wrote:is there any detail you can share about the Comp Cam Magnums?
I had the Magnums; they seem to add more noise than power. Because they still have a ball fulcrum, their only gain is in the increased ratio. The Crane/ProForm/Jegs, on the other hand, have a ball-bearing fulcrum and significantly reduce friction.

The 98+ engines already have nice rockers, so any upgrade is really only worth it on 97-.

Good to know. I'm thinking of switching from the magnums to full bearing fulcrum. My valve train is noisy and I think it's those.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search