notsoSecret cams swap easy question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
notsoSecret cams swap easy question
Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:44 AM
As old as this mod is, i suppose i'll do it for how cheap it is. I've looked around, yes i know what cams i need, i know its recommended to have the 95 lifters with the intake cam to match wear marks which i will do to be safe, but my question is, i read around and have read its also recommended to have the exhaust lifters as well which makes sense. But from my understanding, the lifters are bigger pre-94. So, do i need to take the exhaust cam tower itself too? how hard is it to pull off, after the cam and lifters are taken out? Not sure if it just pulls off freely(from the look of the design, it looks that way) and will it bolt right on the 2.4 head, no modifications? And if i cant take the cam tower, could i just buy new 2.4 lifters for the exhaust cam?
Also...stupid question, but im learning...The lifters slide out freely, after the cam is removed, correct?

I looked at the sticky, the other sticky on Q4F, and a few other sites, but didnt really see the answers that i was looking for.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"

Re: notsoSecret cams swap easy question
Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:49 AM
yes you could just buy new 33mm (2.4) lifters for the exhaust cam. i have done it and it works perfectly.

as for the 95, yea if you can keep the lifters that mate to the cam together WITH the cam that would be ideal but not 100% necessarily. would i do it? yes. have others NOT done it and thrown used lifters in with used cams and been fine? yes, absolutely.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Re: notsoSecret cams swap easy question
Friday, March 01, 2013 8:54 AM
Do you think it would cause excessive wear if I just use the used 2.4 lifters and only swap out the cam on the exhaust side? I would rather do that.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search