Proper Racetronix Fuel Pump and harness - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Proper Racetronix Fuel Pump and harness
Monday, April 15, 2013 10:33 AM
My 1st pump I owned was the 400hp pump. That had the supplied sock on it its whole life no issues until it. Died. My buddy got the 400hp pump and his car always leaned out going into boost above 4psi. We tried everything from flu and messing with injjector tables to force the car to run rich....but we couldn't. After picking our heads we pulled the pump and removed the sock thinking that the pump was sucking it up. After we took it off it ran like a champ and has since.

Now the 600hp pump I just put in as my replacement has a tiny built in screen on the pickup. I also used the supplied fuel sock and it was restricting flow into The pump causing the low fuel pressure issues I ran into. Once that filter was removed I've had no further issues with pressure.

Monday, April 15, 2013 1:04 PM
Do you guys think its possible the higher flowing fuel pump is the reason I have such a rich a/f reading?
if the fuel pressure is really high it'll be rich, and these pumps provide a lot more fuel pressure than stock. Im running stupid rich all the time. Remember Im running the stage2 42.5lb/hr injectors.
Will removing the sock though allow larger particles to get in and clog the pump/lines? even if that works it doesn't sound safe (for the pumps sake)

I can certainly give that a whirl though....Id rather not drop another $130+shipping for a new pump if its not absolutely necessary (as Im sure Racetronix wont honor the warranty seeing as its barely 1 month after the 12month warranty policy)
Im wondering if because I run my tank so low every time (often the indicator light comes on), that the sock is dirty/clogged from picking up so much sediment on the bottom of the tank..(hence the suggestions not to allow it to go past a certain level lol)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 15, 2013 1:09 PM

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, April 15, 2013 1:12 PM
I would say no. Unless your regulator is broken its keeping the pressure where it needs to be. In your case OT actually seems low. When I installed my racetronix it made 0 difference. I think Vince needs to rework your injector constant or pull out some fuel.

As for the sock, try it and see if it works but I wouldn't run it like that forever. It'll eventually kill the pump. At least try and get a screen over it or something.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, April 15, 2013 6:33 PM
well I just shot two data logs over to him that I took before classes today. We'll see if I can get an adjustment that'll fix my super rich issues, then Ill continue to work on the fueling issue. Today it got really low a few times at idle but it wasn't acting up nearly as much. Im wondering if my tune is just not liking all the new mods (despite the fact that they should be leaning me out!). If I can get a good proper tune as is, no more mods, then from there Ill invest in a fuel pressure gauge that Ive been intending on getting for a while.

You guys recommend any good gauges that have worked well? fp gauges seem to be expensive and all they really are is oil pressure gauges lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, April 15, 2013 6:46 PM
Buy an interceptor and get the fuel add on....

Expensive but adds alot of other gauges
Monday, April 15, 2013 7:29 PM
Yellow cav on the plastic fuel module you have a tiny filter on the inlet, then one on the pump itself. If you don't install a new fuel line filter when the pump goes in you can also risk killing a new pump as well.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:10 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Yellow cav on the plastic fuel module you have a tiny filter on the inlet, then one on the pump itself.

Good point I forgot about that..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search