Racetronix 600hp f-body part# n pics - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Racetronix 600hp f-body part# n pics
Saturday, December 08, 2012 9:34 PM
Well we all know Racetronix norally grinds off the walbro part number when they ship their pumps out, However. Upgraded from their 400hp pump to the 600hp pump this weekend. Not only did they leave the part number on but it seems that they tap the top of the pump for the venturi nipple on this one as well. I had a small shaving of plastic in the baggie that it was shipped in and you can barely see a black marking under the nipple when looking at it in person. The pump is #gss294. Just thought I'd share.

Re: Racetronix 600hp f-body part# n pics
Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:14 PM
why did you need a 600hp pump? 400 not enough for ya?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:36 PM
Room to grow....I plan on at least 400 when tuned with the turbo setup down the road.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:19 AM
So do u know which pump the Racetronix W-Body kit uses, 400 or 600???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:31 AM
Gotta remember, the 400hp pump is basing it upon the 8 injectors flowing lower cfm's. Its never a bad thing to have overhead that you can flow more than necessarily and never have to worry about running out.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:48 AM
Sorry Mike I don't know about the w body pump. I've run the f body pump prior to knowing about the w body pump. So I've already mod'd the aluminum sleeve to fit my module. I do have another f body sleeve laying around now if anyone wants it.

Vince and I are on the same page.

Monday, December 10, 2012 4:44 PM
600 if you buy the FPA-001 kit they do have the cheaper stock replacement which is good for us considering an F body is 350HP so the stock replacment one does 400 fine for us.

tis why i make a big deal about the harness when buying the fpa 001 600hp find me a j that has that. theres very few i think i know 3 and thats if there still together

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, December 10, 2012 5:00 PM
I've always had the harness since the day I dropped a Racetronix in my j, and my buddy vetguy has a harness n pump in his ln2 car.

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:02 PM
yeah most buy it but its not needed as the pumps are rated for 255 or 294LPH at 12V and since at running state is sees 14.4 and wont even have a 1V drop your still above 12V you would have to have a 2.4V drop from front to back which is unheard of unless something is FAWKED HUGH

tis my point of view and not to mention on a return system you just feeding the rail even when not needed and the regulator just dumps it back to the tank so your doin work thats not needed and putting wear on the pump and regulator all for 249WHP and 225TQ i have more then both of those ( don't take this as my e-cock is bigger then yours not directed that way at all) and mine feeds just fine even the stock j body pump will feed a 3800sc with stock pully so you buy and aftermarket that feeds more who cars about the wiring its 50 bucks that can be spent elseware

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, December 10, 2012 6:54 PM
It's cool man, I'd rather have more than I'll need on my fuel system than just enough. My 1st racetronix pump @!#$ the bed at about 45k miles so I opted fo the upgrade prior to swapping the forged motor and turbo setup in the spring time.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:07 AM
JUCNBST wrote:It's cool man, I'd rather have more than I'll need on my fuel system than just enough.

Especially when its one of the major components of not blowing a motor and keeping AFR in the green, I will take a $50 insurance chance on a harness rather than skip it.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:44 AM
NOTa2_4 wrote:yeah most buy it but its not needed as the pumps are rated for 255 or 294LPH at 12V and since at running state is sees 14.4 and wont even have a 1V drop your still above 12V you would have to have a 2.4V drop from front to back which is unheard of unless something is FAWKED HUGH

tis my point of view and not to mention on a return system you just feeding the rail even when not needed and the regulator just dumps it back to the tank so your doin work thats not needed and putting wear on the pump and regulator all for 249WHP and 225TQ i have more then both of those ( don't take this as my e-cock is bigger then yours not directed that way at all) and mine feeds just fine even the stock j body pump will feed a 3800sc with stock pully so you buy and aftermarket that feeds more who cars about the wiring its 50 bucks that can be spent elseware

I have the harness. Reason being is two reasons.

1. I learned from the DSM guys that you could gain more fuel from a stock fuel pump by upgrading the stock wiring to the fuel pump, which is very similar to our stock wiring.

2. A guy on the org running a Walbro (non Racetronix) who was tuned did the harness upgrade and AFR's got richer by a fuel point (1.0).

I truly think the harness on a stock pump would get you more.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:37 PM
those are all valid points and every circumstance is different but for the most part most people on here could just use a stock pump and use a wire upgrade most don't need the pump and the harness.

as for gaining a point on afr that can also be obtained through tuning the vehical think its the injector duty cycle but you can only bup that so far so in that case it may be cheaper to buy a harness rather then new injectors

the harness has its place just not everyplace

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:58 PM
I have the Wbody pump without the harness, no fueling issues here @ 400hp. At stock voltage I believe it is around 400/450, up the voltage and it is limited to 600 I believe, it's been awhile since I have been to the website.

(Not 100% stock wiring though)

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:56 AM
NOTa2_4 wrote:600 if you buy the FPA-001 kit they do have the cheaper stock replacement which is good for us considering an F body is 350HP so the stock replacment one does 400 fine for us.

tis why i make a big deal about the harness when buying the fpa 001 600hp find me a j that has that. theres very few i think i know 3 and thats if there still together

I know of one lol and also i think the 600hp would be the better option for any boosted car i agree with everyone above that said better to have more when it comes to fuel hell i have a pump that supports 1100hp am i ever gonna get that prolly not but i would rather be safe

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:46 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Gotta remember, the 400hp pump is basing it upon the 8 injectors flowing lower cfm's. Its never a bad thing to have overhead that you can flow more than necessarily and never have to worry about running out.

True, but 400hp worth of fuel from the pump is 400hp regardless of how many injectors its going through.

The pump is flowing the same amount of fuel, its just the individual injectors that are flowing less in the V8 vs. I4 scenario.

I have the W-body pump.....hopefully its good for 400whp cause I don't wanna change it.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:26 PM
Thought is bump this as I ran into a low pressure issue with my 600hp pump.....the fuel filter that goes on the pump itself was restricting flow. Once I removed it my pressure went back to 65from 20psi. I ran into this very issue on my friends ln2 turbo and the racetronix 600hp pump.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:02 PM
Interesting. So for it to be as low as 20psi it must be a different filter than the 400hp w body pump as no one seems to have trouble with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:03 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, February 15, 2013 10:26 AM
It is a different filter. I used to have the 400 pump. The 600 pump caMe with two different styles of filters. One round and one rectangular.

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:17 PM
Hi did you ever sell those ARP studs? If not I am interested thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search