Newbies first post - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbies first post
Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:37 AM
Great forum. Still sifting through all the info available.
Recently purchased a 97 Cavalier RS. Compared to my other vehicle, 97 Explorer, I love the little go-cart not to mention the MPG`s.

But as is the spirit of Gear Heads every where am of course looking to squeeze a little more out of the 2.2. Not looking for a 10 second 1/4 mile dragster. Just something that stands out a bit from the norm for every day, mostly spring\summer driving.

I ran across this site Chevy Cavalier World
Anyone dealt with them. They make some very interesting claims about some of their products, combos.

Re: Newbies first post
Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:23 AM
Never heard of them.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:02 PM
They used to be IPP.I bought a cam and other misc.Good peeps.
Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:46 PM
mike bisbee wrote:They used to be IPP.I bought a cam and other misc.Good peeps.

Thanks. Was looking at their base cam myself. At least for starters.
Friday, March 08, 2013 9:14 AM
Maybe it's just me, but i don't fully trust their "Adjustable Cam Gearts"...and yes, they spell gear with a T...

Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:59 AM
Adjustable cam gears don't seem terribly useful to our OHV single cam engines, even if they were bulletproof. They work better when you've got 2 or more camshafts to adjust. Then you can change the powerband more dramatically.

Everything I seem to be reading about IPP/CCW is positive, but there aren't hundreds of reviews either. I do plan on spending some money with them in the near future though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:43 AM
Koots. What are you looking to get? If you beat me to the purchase would appreciate any feedback about your experience. Customer service\support. But most of all the parts.

I`m looking at the stage 1 cam. Maybe a new assembled head.
My Cav, Green Goblin, has about 118k gentle well cared for miles on it. I am only the second owner and have seen all the maintenance records for it.
Toying with a total rebuild prior to the upgrades. Would like to run a compression check first so I have a better idea where I stand.
Not looking to make it a neck snapper but something that can set you back in the seat and get out of it`s own way in every day driving.
It`s a bit anemic from a dead stop and would like a little bigger kick in the pants when I mash the pedal to pass as well.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:30 PM
I'm looking at their stg.1 or 2 cam, but I got to get some upgraded lifter springs and valve springs before I jump into it.

I've got lots of work done to the head, so I'm sure I can support the extra cam well. My only concern is the #4 plug was completely seized in the head and I damaged some of the upper threads. I still had great threads at bottom, but until I run the car I will worry about needing to pull it all back off again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search