Lower motor mounts... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lower motor mounts...
Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone could offer an opinion, pro or con, on the following 3 lower motor mounts?
I'd especially like to hear from anyone who's used more than one of these, and if they could tell a difference between them.
Thanks in advance...

RKSport

Turbo Tech Racing

Level Zero Motorsports

Re: Lower motor mounts...
Monday, March 11, 2013 1:51 PM
No one?
Monday, March 11, 2013 3:42 PM
The ttr mount has been great for me. Id go with that one not only because its good but because ttr has continually supported our platform. Aaron has always given us great service.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:33 AM
Ours should have the least amount of vibrations, due to the special oval design. Plus ours is machined from a solid block of aircraft grade billet aluminum, then powder coated to your color choice.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:33 PM
Well, here's the reason I asked about these in the first place.
I recently had my upper, lower, and transmission mounts replaced in my '03.
All of them are OEM.
Now, I have a WAI with a large elbow off the throttle body and an aftermarket hood.
Prior to the installation that elbow rubbed the hood ever so slightly.
After the install the elbow has been pushing so hard it lifts the hood about a quarter of an inch.
I figure the new upper mount may have raised the engine slightly, and the soft OEM lower is letting my engine torque enough to cause this.
I was hoping one of the stiffer lower mounts would stop this.

After looking at all of them I decided on the RKSport.
The LZM mount looked like the least likely for play, but it says they use rubber bushings, which don't last as long as poly.
And the TTR mount, although nice looking, appeared to offer more play because of the oval bushings.
The RKS mount has round poly bushings, so that was my choice.
The new mount isn't exactly as pictured though. They increased the diameter of the rear bushing, which probably cuts down on vibes.
I haven't installed it yet, I'm waiting for the weather to break, but hopefully that will fix my minor issue.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:56 PM
I have all ttr bushings the cheaper lower upper and trany no shakes or dash hops
Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:19 PM
binzer wrote:Well, here's the reason I asked about these in the first place.
I recently had my upper, lower, and transmission mounts replaced in my '03.
All of them are OEM.
Now, I have a WAI with a large elbow off the throttle body and an aftermarket hood.
Prior to the installation that elbow rubbed the hood ever so slightly.
After the install the elbow has been pushing so hard it lifts the hood about a quarter of an inch.
I figure the new upper mount may have raised the engine slightly, and the soft OEM lower is letting my engine torque enough to cause this.
I was hoping one of the stiffer lower mounts would stop this.

After looking at all of them I decided on the RKSport.
The LZM mount looked like the least likely for play, but it says they use rubber bushings, which don't last as long as poly.
And the TTR mount, although nice looking, appeared to offer more play because of the oval bushings.
The RKS mount has round poly bushings, so that was my choice.
The new mount isn't exactly as pictured though. They increased the diameter of the rear bushing, which probably cuts down on vibes.
I haven't installed it yet, I'm waiting for the weather to break, but hopefully that will fix my minor issue.

It is not just about bushing shape, it is the durameter also (firmness of the bushings)

Our lower mount stops motion just as well, if not better than the steel lower/RK Sport version. However our oval/aluminum design offers the least amount of vibs.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:37 PM
Well, if the RK mount doesn't correct my issue I'll give the TTR mount a try.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search