SPARK PLUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SPARK PLUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:17 AM
ok, so like i said, never had an eco before, what is the OEM plug brand and type, i dont think they are copper but i just needa know what came factory and what would be BEST to use in a stock eco, looking for better MPGs 22 mixed is not cutting it,,,,,, both my 02 LSS and my fiances 04 LSS are only getting 22-23

an LS1 camaro driving normaly can get that -_-

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Re: SPARK PLUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:32 AM
Tyler,

In order to see what plug is OEM we would need to know what year eco it is.

Is there any boost or nitrous here?

We were OEM in all the Ecotecs, noted as an Ac Delco plug of corse.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:03 AM
Stock for stock, just stick with the stock ac delco plugs.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:29 AM
Bone stock eco, you should be well above 22 mixed. A set of plugs isn't going to bring you up to the 29 mixed you should be getting.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:23 AM
My 05 stock was getting 24ish mixed with 30k miles. After boost and related mods i can see over 30 mixed if i stay out of boost and on the highway.
Friday, March 22, 2013 7:02 AM
Vince,

You are aware NGK makes the Ac Delcos correct?

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:53 PM
its just a bone stock 2002 LSS eco for now, but yea iv seen NGK plugs that also say AC DELCO on them

but at parts stores they label different types for it, looking to see what is best for a stock eco, coper, iridium, titanium ect ect

anyone ever use the bosch plus II plugs in an eco? heard great and bad idea....

as for my MPGs i have no idea why its so crappy, only think wrong was the k&n filter was dirty as hell but i cleaned it today, no ses light, doesnt smoke doesnt use oil seems to run perfectly fine honestly... but only getting around 23-250 miles out of 11-12 gallons........

i record it and do the math each time i fill up so i know i am definatly getting 21-23 mixed on adverage

i drive 17 miles a day to work one way, 1/3 is rural road 2/3 is interstate....

...j

Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:07 AM
go to the parts store and tell them what yo have and that you want ac delco regular plugs.

Also, plugged cat could decrease mileage.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:04 PM
anyways aparently both parts stores i went to told me a 2.2 DOHC never came in an 02 so i called them idiots and went somewhere else, i got regulare AC delco iriduim plugs with copper electrode, runs fine.. we shall see about the MPGs

and i dont think the cat is clogged or clogging, it runs just as good as my fiances 04 does and is actually a tiny bit faster.... both are L61 auto LSS's

...j

Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:06 PM
Copper center..

No such thing as a copper plug.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:53 PM
yea thats what i ment, and whats the gap suposed to be? on the box it strictly said NOT to gap them, i think they were .045 or .060 i forget which

...j

Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:30 PM
It doesn't say not to gap them, it's showing the use of a coin style gapper. This should never be used to gap a FireWire.

Stock motor no boost or nitrous?

Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:31 PM
He said its bone stock. Seriously do you have to spam every thread with spark plugs in the title? Ive seen tons of platinum and iridium AC Delco plugs that say not to gap them. I sold them every day for better of a year.

Monday, March 25, 2013 11:27 AM
Brian,

Just trying to explain what I get on the phone 50-60 times a day. The picture on the box does not state not to gap the plugs.. So if you get a -11 plug out of the box at 0.044" and the OEM calls for 0.052" what do you do?

Monday, March 25, 2013 12:24 PM
jason norwood wrote:So if you get a -11 plug out of the box at 0.044" and the OEM calls for 0.052" what do you do?

pffff just roll with it, s'all good, lol. OP if you do gap them, I think anything between .32 and .38 will be fine.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 25, 2013 3:02 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
jason norwood wrote:So if you get a -11 plug out of the box at 0.044" and the OEM calls for 0.052" what do you do?

pffff just roll with it, s'all good, lol. OP if you do gap them, I think anything between .32 and .38 will be fine.

Id gap them to .032

Check your math

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:51 PM
jason norwood wrote:Brian,

Just trying to explain what I get on the phone 50-60 times a day. The picture on the box does not state not to gap the plugs.. So if you get a -11 plug out of the box at 0.044" and the OEM calls for 0.052" what do you do?

Every ACDelco Ive ever pulled has been dead on for the gap the car called for.

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:14 PM
Just to prove a point with my last post of the month:

Ill take my apology in the form of hookers and blow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 25, 2013 4:24 PM

Monday, March 25, 2013 5:54 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Just to prove a point with my last post of the month:

Ill take my apology in the form of hookers and blow.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 25, 2013 6:47 PM
Guys,

I will meet you halfway, I was referring the the NGK ac delcos. As you can see the boxes above say 2 diff things. Also ac uses 3 suppliers.

Also the gap recommendation example was random not jbody referenced.

Sorry for confusion.. Carry on

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:18 AM
sorry it wasnt on the box it was on the website i was looking at that said not to gap them my mistake i knew i read it somewhere just couldnt remember where

and ok i was just wondering what the gap is suposed to be, sorry so many questions, remember, i am very new to GM 4 cylinders, iv always had 660s and sbcs.

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search