2.4l LD9 Build Questions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4l LD9 Build Questions
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:20 PM
ive been looking around for different parts to start building my 2000 Sunfire GT. i went to jbodyperformance.com and was wondering if anyone has used them before or any of the products such as the stage 2 cams or anything. or the balance shaft "neutralizing". or cross drilling the crankshaft oil holes or anything from them. im building to eventually boost. and ive been reading that HPtuners would be the best for a tune. im not good with tunes at all and the performance shops around my city seem to get bad reputation with tuning. so i wouldnt know how to do that or what to set anything to when i get to that point. im looking to get about 200 - 225hp before i boost it. any help would be appreciated. ive been trying too look around on here so sorry if any of this is a repeat. thanks

Re: 2.4l LD9 Build Questions
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:24 PM
ho cams. dont bother with that stage 2 bs.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Monday, April 01, 2013 5:46 AM
just dow as i did
Monday, April 01, 2013 10:08 AM
Do the secret cams give a noticeable power increase? And what did you do francis?
Monday, April 01, 2013 1:47 PM
I say unless you really plan on dropping a good amount of cash and get the thing tuned, then just do bolt ons. To get 200-225 at the wheels N/A is going to at minimum take all forged internals(because in out application they are lighter) HO cams, 2.3 oil pump swap, a good amount of headwork, and a really good tune. Not to mention high compression, which you wont want once running boost.

I vote that you do the secret cams and some head work, keep the bottom end stock, and start gathering turbo parts. I say go for a smaller turbo a T3 around .48 ar and start with about 7-8lbs of boost. It will be a fun ride and your stock bottom end should hold together.

Monday, April 01, 2013 4:19 PM
Monday, April 01, 2013 4:37 PM
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:41 AM
i plan on putting a lot of money into it. i was going to start off ordering some eagle rods, wiseco pistons. get the block machined .020 over. inspect the crank and see how it looks. the car has 175k miles on it. but runs strong. i bought a motor from a friend with 60k miles on it i just need to find time to pull it apart. thats a nice build francis. i cant get your facebook page to load right now ill try later. i dont understand turbo specs. you guys think it would be good to start off with just head work? slap an exhaust system on it and an intake? i dont understand tuning at all. i would have to take it somewhere i just know how to put everything together and get it running enough to move. im not good with computers.
Friday, April 05, 2013 9:30 PM
Im running close to 10.7:1 compression with 10psi of boost frm a 57 trim turbo.

Thing feels amazing but its all in the tuning.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search