04 Eco Girdle Bolts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 Eco Girdle Bolts
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:22 AM
Hey guys I have a quick question. The 20 girdle bolts that mount the girdle to the engine are they the same bolts? (Im not talking about the 8 that mount along the outside rim of the girdle to the engine)

Thanks in advance.

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Re: 04 Eco Girdle Bolts
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:25 AM
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Ecotec-Main-Girdle-Bolt-11571239-P10519C661.aspx

^ It states that 20 are required but when I was pulling the engine apart I noticed that the inside stock ones were about 1/8 in longer. If figured this was just due to stress being that they are TTL bolts.

Let me know if I am correct in my thought.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:31 AM
tyler,

Wish I could help you out.. i do not remember. I did my engine about 2 years ago and replaced all that with ARP studs. I do remember the difference.. between the outter perimeter bolts and the main cap bolts per say...

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:59 AM
jason,

Do you remember where you got your ARP studs from? Cause I would much rather go that way then using these standard ones.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:05 PM
Yes,

Ordered the right thread and extra long, used a mill to knock them down. And then seated on 0.25" ball bearings.

I think it was about 600.00 bucks when it was all done and said with, nothing they make off the shelf.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search