have you tried the D.E.I. CryO2 system yet? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: have you tried the D.E.I. CryO2 system yet?
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:02 AM
so has anyone actually tried out the DEI co2 BULB in the intake system on their car yet?

i just purchased the air intake kit with bulb, and a second bulb to install inside my m45 (if i can find a proper spot that it will fit into). utlimately what id like to do is run the intake bulb down by the air filter, then run the line up to the bulb inside the supercharger, then have the exit nozzle spraying right onto the s/c manifold for maximum usage of the co2.

whats cool is i have a zex dry nitrous kit i have never used and has been collecting dust. no reason i cant use those components to set this system up in my car on the cheap.

anyways, i know what some will say... "well just spray meth you idiot". im not proposing using ONLY this system. lol i have a meth kit, love it in fact and i plan on using both meth/water AND this setup. anyone who has had an m45 knows they get very hot and heatsoaked. i look at these cryo2 bulbs as a SECOND (not an only) line of defense against the m45's lack of intercooler/heat exchanger options.

waste of money you say? we'll... were all modding j-bodies arent we? im going to get a return on my investment said no j-body owner, ever.

even if this system only gets the iat's down another 10 or 20 degrees further than water injection can, or hell even the 50 degrees DEI claims only ONE bulb can lower the IAT's down its worth it in my book. co2 is cheap at around $1.50 a pound and can be bought at any welding supply, paint ball gun, or medical supply depot's. from what i have read you could constantly spray the co2 with a ten pound bottle for 3.5 minutes. in 20 second bursts thats not bad if you think about it.

what id like to do is set up an f-body WOT switch off the TPS signal for it to spray constantly during 1/4 mile runs and also have a purge that i can chill the setup down with during staging lane stints etc. ef having to push ur car up to the line and keep the hood open. with this setup you could literally sit there and keep the engine running and just purge the crap out of it and it'd be literally COLDER than ice LOL

i honestly believe this will work. i dont know why more people have not tried this. only reasons i can think of us because of common misconceptions, closed minded individuals not willing to try new things, and people with zero imagination. the m45 is nothing but a heat pump. anything we can do to get that SOB cooled off is for the better. i have purchased an aeroforce interceptor gauge so i can LITERALLY see the iat changes as they occur in real time. i am pretty pumped to try this out. if it doesnt work oh well, at least we'll know... right?

some day id like to also get the fuel chiller but jesus lord that thing is spendy. maybe i could find a used one on ebay or something....

anyways, here are some pictures of what i am talking about.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:44 PM
I wonder if your spray straight water upstream of the bulb if youll get ice crystals.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:52 PM
Well the dei cryo kit we had on the brother LNF balt, intercooler did VERY little on 1/4 runs. It did bring down the IAT's about 20 degrees if he sprayed it while doing his burnout and before he went down the track....but during the 1/4" pass we couldn't really tell a difference....

It seemed to help, but the brother sold his car before we ever got enough time to REALLY look at it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:15 PM
well gains would depend on weather a lot. on a hot ass day this system should produce a hell of a lot better results than on say, a cool night. did ur brother have any bulbs installed?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:46 PM
CO2 and meth....

don't forget the race gas as well.

how much power is this for? 250whp?

it seems silly to me.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:17 PM
the same could be said about running a cavalier to the tune of a 14.004 and the video getting nearly 80,000 views.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:45 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:CO2 and meth....

don't forget the race gas as well.

how much power is this for? 250whp?

it seems silly to me.

QFT

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:34 AM
The last time we played with it it was 80F out and very humid. He only had the halo sprayer. He does still have the 10lb bottle though...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:44 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:the same could be said about running a cavalier to the tune of a 14.004 and the video getting nearly 80,000 views.

Same can be said for tuning J-bodies period.

I think it has a better chance of doing something on the M45 due to the fact it has no cooling setup. Do runs with just meth/alchy and then do runs with CO2 plus meth/alchy that way we can see how much it helps the IAT's
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:49 AM
i agree on the tuning j-bodies situation. even our best ones get laughed out the door for crist sakes. im just trying to squeeze some more power out of this thing. if i get the m45 record in the long run ill be happy. yes its cool to have 500whp but really, i dont need it. 250whp would be plenty fun on the street. for the low amount of cost this car has involved me with, i dont feel another 200 for a cryo2 setup is going to make or break it being a "silly" undertaking.

and yea thats the plan, honestly. like i said, i got an aeroforce interceptor gauge so i could monitor IAT's in real time easily. my access to HPT is limited (buddie's) so im fine with just having a gauge to read from versus the laptop in the front seat.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:53 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:i agree on the tuning j-bodies situation. even our best ones get laughed out the door for crist sakes. im just trying to squeeze some more power out of this thing. if i get the m45 record in the long run ill be happy. yes its cool to have 500whp but really, i dont need it. 250whp would be plenty fun on the street. for the low amount of cost this car has involved me with, i dont feel another 200 for a cryo2 setup is going to make or break it being a "silly" undertaking.

and yea thats the plan, honestly. like i said, i got an aeroforce interceptor gauge so i could monitor IAT's in real time easily. my access to HPT is limited (buddie's) so im fine with just having a gauge to read from versus the laptop in the front seat.

brad you know I bust on you, but IMO you're trying to kill a bear with pins and needles.

swap out to a relatively small turbo, have the 250whp on tap whenever, spool will be negligable and controllable, plenty of power under the curve AND solve your heatsoak problems all in one stroke.

if you're seriously stuck on the M45, why not get a custom manifold made to mimic the M62 setup on the ecotecs? built in aftercooler...?

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:10 PM
because peeeeeeej, you know me. i gotta do everything the hard way.

honestly i dont think doing a custom manifold is needed. i firmly believe some laminova cores could easily be shoved into the manifold lol *sigh.... maybe one day i could try it.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:21 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:because peeeeeeej, you know me. i gotta do everything the hard way.

honestly i dont think doing a custom manifold is needed. i firmly believe some laminova cores could easily be shoved into the manifold lol *sigh.... maybe one day i could try it.

I would back this 100%

make it so.
do something really worthwhile instead of this stick-on marketing bullcrap!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search