PO 302 Code - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PO 302 Code
Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:57 PM
Hello i'm getting a PO 302 Code - Cylinder #2 Misfire Detected in my 1998 Cavalier with an LD9 what would the issue be i just finished replacing my fuel pump (stopped working) and had to solder in a new wire harness due to finding it fried and not running the pump after repairing and dying a couple times but not it's doing this and also i found that the stupid SOAB who owned my car before me cut one of the quick releases for the fuel line to my fuel pump and installed the wrong fuel pump in backwards to the flow. But can someone please help me fix this problem.

Re: PO 302 Code
Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:57 PM
Also i just replaced the sparkplugs about 6 months ago
Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:04 PM
First thing id do is pull the plug and see what it looks like.

Then after that swap the #2 fuel injector to a diff cylinder and see if the problem follows. After that look into changing your coil pack and icm.
Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:06 PM
ok how hard is it to swap the fuel injector to a diff cylinder and where is the coil pack and icm located
Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:47 PM
Jacob Pacheco wrote:Also i just replaced the sparkplugs about 6 months ago

I suddenly threw a P303 (same thing on #3), and the gap on #3's plug was rediculously close. I changed plugs, no more code.

To diagnose the plug issue, I pulled the injector connector while the car was running, and it only created a rich condition and no rpm fluctuation. I also listened to each injector with the screwdriver trick to see if they were all normal.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search