P0345 Troubleshooting - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
P0345 Troubleshooting
Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:30 AM
Hi guys, I have 2001 sunfire manual transmission 2200 SFI and im stuck on a persitant problem on my car : check engine light come yesterday with a P0345 code, (knock sensor). This was the only code thrown by the pcm, and i got it erased..but 45min later check engine went back and still p0345 code..and i mentionned that from 2k rpm and 3k the car sputtering like some misfire, i couldnt get a real acceleration cause the car bog from theses rpm ranges.. we changed so many part that im very exhausted of all this .. this is the parts changed : new cam sensor, new crank sensor, new spark plug wiring, new ngk spark plugs, used coilpack ( i have 2 coilpack and i tried to switch one from another but still doing the problem with both of them... a new catalytic converter was installed since the other melted from the inside... please help me !

Re: P0345 Troubleshooting
Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:34 AM
oh i forgot to mention that when I do a stop, I almost have to slip the clutch to get foward cause the car look like he want to stall or be very hesitant
Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:18 PM
The code is for knock sensor and you change everything BUT the knock sensor?

Have a nice day.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:05 PM
Its not for a knock sensor..its for the cam shaft sensor. I had to double check myself..

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0345

Follow this guide
Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:43 PM
interesting. I can't find a P0345 in HPTuners for our cars.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:34 AM
It was on a cheap scanner like 100$ generic OBD2 scanner found in every canadian tire
Monday, March 18, 2013 10:03 AM
I have access to alldata and there is no P0345 on the code chart. I would suggest using a real scan tool. some cheap ones can give you wrong codes.
Monday, March 18, 2013 10:06 AM
P0325 is for a knock sensor
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:35 AM
Thx guys, and when you say a real scanner youre talking about Tech II ? My friend have Genisys at least I can try this one before go to the GM dealership ..
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:24 AM
yea a genisys will work fine. just to make sure you are getting the correct code.
Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:33 AM
yesterday I got it hooked on a genisys, still the same code ... and im sorry my english is not very good, I might describe more what the car do and when the trouble happening : When the engine is cold, no problem at all, no bogging or so, but when he warms up, declutching on a stop is very hard without gas, i almost need to declutch at 2k rpm to move on smoothly, and below 3k rpm when the engine is hot the car is like misfiring,bogging.. Also when im on a low rpm like in second or third gear, i hear a rattle coming from the front, but i checked everything that could cause rattle; exhaust heat shield, flywheel cover, flexible front pipe, checked everything..Im almost to the point that I want to sell it because I paid like 1200$ for the car and since october ive put more than 2000$ just in repair and labor..

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:22 AM
any ideas? im still stuck on this problem...!
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:34 AM
no clue without physically looking at the car unfortunately. maybe take it to a shop? for 95 dollars they can properly diagnose it for you and tell you what the problem is
Friday, March 29, 2013 5:46 PM
this is why i laugh at this people refuse to pay the money for GM to diagnos the car but they will put hundreds into parts it could be then still not fix it and end up goin to GM anyways

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:13 AM
yea sometimes it happens. Like for example if my furnace stopped working, I'm going to check the breaker box and make sure I payed my gas bill. Anything other than that I'm going to have a professional look at it and get it fixed the first time.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:50 PM
Your occupation says auto mechanic. And you have a genisys and cannot figure it out? If this is the case I would reccommend taking it to the dealer. Also are you scanning the Generic side of the ECU or the OEM speicific side?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search