next mod advice. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
next mod advice.
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:39 PM
Ok so i dont have alot of money right now but i wanna add a little more to my car at a time. Im not building a drag car or anything but i want some more power to play around with. I have 2.4L. So far I have long tube 4-1 header.magnaflow high flow catalytic converter.3" exhaust. Injen tech cold air intake.unorthodox raceing underdrive pulley. anyone know of anymore bolt ons or anything i can do for a reasonable price??

Re: next mod advice.
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:42 PM
Solid mounts will make it more fun to drive and theyre pretty cheap. Suspension mods are also a relatively cheap way to have more fun.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:39 PM
do you know anything about the 2.4L msd coil pack swaps where you actually Have plug wires,
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:25 PM
Its pretty simple. You need a 2200 ICM (or use msd interface modules and wire them in), pigtails for the 2200 ICM, and obviously coil packs and wires. Cut off the ICM connector on your engine harness and solder on the 2200 pig tails, its a simple color match for all wires.

And agreed with YellowCav, both mounts and suspension mods are affordable ways to make a car a little more fun

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:36 PM
MSD swap is nice, just did it to my 2.4 because I had all the parts laying around and one stock coil was going bad, car is alot more responsive now too. I didnt cut my harness though, wired it with 2.4 icm and hard wired 2200 icm internally, but somtime I am gonna hard wire it to stock 2,4 harness for cleaner setup.

FuzzMASTA9
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search