Custom "intake" ? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom "intake" ?
Friday, April 19, 2013 6:24 PM
Used the search tool, so please don't go there.

Long story short, I'm wanting to put a filter on the end of my S tube. Going to ditch the stock air box. I've seen this done in searching so I know it can be done. Does anyone know the K&N cone filter number to use to do this properly?

Please and Thank you.

Re: Custom "intake" ?
Friday, April 19, 2013 7:44 PM
Um....go to autozone and buy one. It's not some special filter meant specifically for the cavalier. Just your run of the mill cone filter.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:51 PM
What he said

2.5 but why not buy a small tube and make one and ditch that plastic peice
Friday, April 19, 2013 7:56 PM
Ill post in here so there are 3 posts from az members.

While your at it grab a couple stick on fender vents.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, April 19, 2013 8:40 PM
Wait who's the 3ed?

Ya please don't do it I have left over intercooler pipes you can have to make one just pay ship pm me
Ps they are a couple small pipe
Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:20 AM
DSMskyline wrote:Ill post in here so there are 3 posts from az members.

While your at it grab a couple stick on fender vents.

Comments like that do the exact opposite of helping, and make you look like a tool. Congrats on your extra post.

I do plan on having a custom pipe bent at an exhaust shop a little bit later. One step at a time however. I do realize that it's just a run of the mill cone filter, But I didn't want to get one that have too large of an opening to fit on the oval stock tube, Or one that is too small. If someone had already tried this and had a Part number to use, It culd save some time and trouble.
Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:19 AM
Funny on the post count, ive posted like 4 times this month.

Keep in mnd you will need something to go in between the rubber s pipe and the filter.

When i did this about 12 years ago, i got a 3"x3" exhaust coupler and used that between the tube and filter.

Honestly its a waste of time and money to do this and have one bent at an exhaust shop. Unless that have a mandarel bender and will do it for free.

Ebay has cavalier specifi. Intakes for like $50. Just go that route, as there is no cool factor about having a crush bent intake from an exhaust shop.

Chris, senior guitar above your post was from az. Used to live in the north east phoenix area around amc 30 if i remember correctly.

Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:45 AM
DSMskyline wrote:Funny on the post count, ive posted like 4 times this month.

Keep in mnd you will need something to go in between the rubber s pipe and the filter.

When i did this about 12 years ago, i got a 3"x3" exhaust coupler and used that between the tube and filter.

Honestly its a waste of time and money to do this and have one bent at an exhaust shop. Unless that have a mandarel bender and will do it for free.

Ebay has cavalier specifi. Intakes for like $50. Just go that route, as there is no cool factor about having a crush bent intake from an exhaust shop.

Chris, senior guitar above your post was from az. Used to live in the north east phoenix area around amc 30 if i remember correctly.

That's a lot more helpful. When I had a 97 2.2 I just stuck a filter on the end of the stock tube. Ive see ones on ebay that range from the small extention for the s tube all the way up to full blown intakes. But there is justa s much @!#$ on Ebay as decent stuff.
Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:59 PM
Or buy mine $50 :p

JK

Buy a 3" u bend from summit, some silicone adapters, and a spectre filter from the zone. Cut and weld.
The throttle body is 2.75" I believe. That 90 degree elbow is a 3" that I clamped down I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:00 PM

I roll on steelies. Work-in-progress daily-sleeper potential.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60493/
Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:11 PM
DSMskyline wrote:Funny on the post count, ive posted like 4 times this month.

Hummmmmm all ways thought he was in another state, hola senior guitar!

Teal do keep in mind people throw intakes on here constantly I had my aem on here not to long ago sat for a couple months too and I actually have another but dsm is picking that up today
Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:58 PM
There is also a @!#$ ton of them on Evilbay too.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:56 AM
Ya...im from north phx but im in chesapeake, va now. Navy lied to me....said i could be assigned to the lake pleasant base. ha! (yes, this has nothing to do with the post.)

Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:58 PM
Brian, you still have the turbo lss?

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:14 PM
Yes I do. Just got the block back from the machine shop for the lower compression pistons....hehehehe....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search